Have you got Chalan on your vehicle ? Want to know how to pay chalan online ? In this article, we will discuss how to pay e chalan in multiple ways.
Let’s discuss first what is an e-challan? Further we will discuss how to pay chalan online (how to pay e chalan.
An e- challan is an electronically generated challan document that is issued with the help of Electronic Challan System. It is a document issued to a motor vehicle on violating the traffic rules and regulations.
The concept of an e-chalan system has been introduced because everything is now done on an electronic platform. It was first released in October of 2013. If a traffic challan is issued in your name, you are responsible for paying the fee, which is determined by the nature of the offence as defined by the Motor Vehicles Act of 1988. It has eliminated the bribery process and payments.
Traffic violations are not a very uncommon thing. If you drive any kind of vehicle, there is a high possibility that you have violated any or some traffic rules. There was a time when most of these cases used to go unchecked due to lack of manpower or adequate technology.
MTP CCTV Challan
With the use of CCTV cameras, the Motor Vehicles Departments of various states and cities have implemented the MTP CCTV Challan system. On the roadways, CCTV cameras are installed that continuously record footage of oncoming vehicles. The RTO is contacted for information on the traffic violator’s name, address, contact information, and model name.
Now we will take a look at how to pay chalan online (how to pay e chalan).
How to pay chalan online?
Learn how to pay the chalan online (how to pay e chalan). You can pay the challan in both ways online as well as offline. There are multiple ways to pay the challan online at any time and place.
How to pay e chalan via the official website
Here is a step guide for you to how to pay chalan online (how to pay e chalan)
- Visit the website https://echallan.parivahan.gov.in
- Select ‘Check Challan Status’ from the drop-down menu under ‘Check Online Services’
- Enter the Challan Number, Vehicle Number or DL Number.
- If you are entering the Vehicle Number, you need to enter the Engine Number or Chassis Number as well.
- Click on “Get details”
- A list will open with all the challan details.
- You can check the challan status by clicking on your challans.
- Click on ‘Pay Now’ option.
- Choose the mode of payment to pay challan fine.
- After completing the payment, you will receive a transaction ID, note it down for further reference.
- That’s how to pay e chalan.
How to pay chalan online via state transport website
Here is how to pay chalan online (how to pay e chalan) via the official website of state transport.
- Visit your state’s official transport website.
- You will find a section dedicated to pay violation fines.
- You will be allowed to choose if you want to pay violation notices, parking charges, or spot fines, or any other charges.
- Choose on the appropriate link and you will be asked to enter certain details depending on the type of traffic violation.
- Generally, you will be asked to enter your new vehicle registration number, old registration, or parking violation tag number.
- Enter the details and the current outstanding amount.
- You will be allowed to make the payment using your master or visa card.
- Do not forget to enter the captcha in the space provided and before clicking on ‘submit’.
- You will be redirected to a safe page to make your payment.
It is advisable to pay pending traffic violation fines. Now you know how to pay chalan online(how to pay e chalan). So, if you have any traffic fines and penalties to be paid, please go ahead and pay it today and drive safe.
Disincentives of not paying an e- challan
Just for a second, if you thinking to ignore the e- challan fines and receipts, then you are on a very dangerous track. If you do not submit the e- challan on time, your challan is likely to go to court. Before that, a constable will come to your mentioned permanent address. If it is still not paid then the person who is feeling guilty will get a summon from the court and will be called to give the clarification to the judge on breaking the law. In the end, if the person still refuses to present in court or pay the fine, then his/ her licence will get suspended.
So, it is advisable to pay pending traffic violation fines. I’ve already described how to pay chalan online (how to pay e chalan). If you have any traffic fines or penalties, please pay them today and drive safely.
How to check challan on vehicle online?
How to pay chalan online has already been detailed (how to pay e chalan). However, did you know that you may check your chalan online? Are you unsure how to proceed? Here is how to check your chalan online, step by step. You can check your e- challan status online by following these simple steps:
- Visit the e- challan website https://echallan.parivahan.gov.in/index/accusedchallan
- Enter your e- challan details. You can do this either by providing your challan number, your vehicle registration number, or your DL number.
- If you wish to enter the vehicle number, you need to enter the engine number along with that.
- Enter the captcha code.
- Once you provide your e-challan. The details and challan status would be displayed on your screen.
Conclusion: How to pay chalan online
With time and development, things have changed now. With the e-challan service, you can pay your challan easily, right at your place on your phone or computer. You can go to the Paytm website or mobile application and pay your traffic challan easily in a few simple steps.
FAQs on Pay Traffic Challan Online
What happens if I skip the payment of my e-challan?
If an e- challan is not paid on time, the challan will be sent forward to the court. In such cases, you will be required to visit the court and make the payment.
An e- challan can be issued for what kind of violations?
An e-challan can be issued for any kind of traffic violations.
Within how many days does an e- challan need to be paid?
An e- challan has to be paid within a period of 60 days from the day it is issued. Non-payment of the challan will lead to the challan being forwarded to the court.
How do I check my traffic challan online?
You can check your traffic challan online by visiting the website
What are some common traffic violations?
Some of the traffic violations are:
- Improper/ rash driving
- Breaking road marking rules
- Improper display of number plate
- Improper use of traffic lights
- Disobeying of traffic signals