Want to apply for driving license in address change ? Wondering what are the Documents required for driving license address change ?
Driving licence is an important document which is used to certify that an applicant is eligible to drive any kind of motor vehicle on Indian roads.
Driving licence can also be used as a supporting document for any kind of proof i.e. proof of address, proof of age, proof of gender, etc.
If you are planning to shift from one place to another, and worried about whether you can change the address in your important documents like a driving licence (DL), then here is good news for you!
You can change the address in driving licence by following some simple steps.
In this article, we will cover the maximum information including the documents required for driving license address change.
Fees for address change
The applicant has to pay the appropriate fee as mentioned in Rule 81 of the Central Motor Vehicle Rules 1989. The prescribed fee of Rs.500 will be charged for address change in driving licence.
Documents required for Driving License address change
Before starting the procedure, the applicant must know all the required documents required for driving license address change (DL).
The documents are to be submitted along with the application form.
- Copy of valid permanent driving licence is to be submitted.
- No Objection Certificate or NOC or Clearance Certificate
- Form Number 7 which is the application for a smart card
- Post cover
- Photographs passport- sized
- Proof of address: Any of the below following documents can be enclosed as address proof.
Payslip issued by Government or Local body
Affidavit sworn by the applicant before a 1st class Judicial Magistrate or Executive Magistrate or a Notary Public
- In case, if the applicant is above 40 years of age, he/ she have to submit the Form 1-A duly signed by an Authorised Registered Medical Practitioner.
The procedure for address change in driving licence (DL) can be done in online as well as offline mode.
Let’s discuss both the procedures step by step.
Offline procedure for address change in driving licence
For the documents required for driving license address change check out the previous section.
- The first step to change your address in driving licence is to obtain a No Objection Certificate or NOC from the RTO from where the applicant attained the driving licence.
- Once the applicant has obtained the CC/ NOC, he/she has to go to the nearest RTO.
- The applicant needs a caste certificate and an income certificate issued by the Tehsildar.
- If the applicant doesn’t have a valid ID proof along with the caste certificate, one has to submit other documents (mentioned above).
- For address change, get these documents verified by the superintendent and pay the processing fees.
- The applicant will receive a receipt/ acknowledgement slip confirming the application form.
- The driving licence will be delivered within 30 working days from the date of application.
Online process for address change in driving licence
- Visit the official website of Sarathi, Ministry of Road Transport & Highways. https://parivahan.gov.in/parivahan/
- Select your respective state from the “Select State Name”./
- Click on “Apply online” and select “Services on Driving Licence” to apply for an address change on driving licence.
- Click on the “Continue’” button to proceed further and enter the details
- Select RTO and apply to your state and then click on the “Proceed” button.
- The details of the driving licence page are displayed to verify the details shown and click on the “confirm” button to progress.
- Select the required service from the Driving licence service shown, and click on the “Proceed” button.
- As mentioned above, for address change in driving licence, the applicant is required to obtain No Obligation Certificate (NOC).
- By clicking on “Issue of NOC”, issue of NOC transaction page will be displayed.
- Select the required service and click on “proceed” button, fill in the captcha and then click on the “Submit”
- The acknowledgement form will be generated with the applicant details and the service requested (Issue of NOC) and click on the “Proceed” button to proceed further.
- Click on “Upload Documents” button and click on the “Next” button. Check thein previous section
- Select the respective documents required for driving license address change, upload the same and click on the “Submit” button.
- The next step is to select the DL Slot book. Select the “DL Slot Book” and click on “Next” button to proceed further.
- Verify the application details and select the Class of Vehicle (VOC) and click on “Proceed to Book” button.
- The appointment letter will be generated and click on “Print to get the printout of appointment letter”, click on the “Next” button to proceed further.
- The next step is to pay the fee. Select the “Fee payment” and click on “Next” to make the fee payment.
- Read the given instructions carefully and “click here to continue e- payment” to continue the payment process.
- In the application fee window, calculate the fee and select the bank from bank f=or gateway and provide the captcha and click on the “Pay Now” for continuing the payment.
- On the next page, verify all the details and click on “Proceed for Payment” to continue the payment process.
- Click on the “continue” button to log in to bank to continue the payment process.
- Upon successful payment, the acknowledgement message for payment successful will be shown. Click on the “Print Receipt” button to generate payment receipt.
- The payment receipt will be generated and verify the details given in the payment receipt.
- On approval of your application, the updated driving licence can be taken the print out by the applicant.
- Click on “Print Driving Licence” option which is present on the same portal.
- Enter the respective application number and date of birth and click on the submit button to print out updated driving licence.
- The procedure ends here. The updated driving licence will be issued within 30 working days from the date of application.
So, this was all about the information regarding address change in driving licence and documents required for driving license address change.
I hope this article solved some of your queries.