UP RTO comes under Transport department UP. Vehicle registration, Road tax and and driving license is the primary function of RTO Uttar Pradesh. In this article, we will learn in detail about the UP RTO, list RTO code UP.
Before moving further on UP RTO, do you know what RTO actually is? RTO stands for Regional Transport office. It is also known as RTA (Regional Transport Authority). It exists in every state and Union Territory. RTO is responsible for carrying out the functions and activities of the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988
. RTO UP works under transport department government of Uttar Pradesh. As we are going to discuss RTO Uttar Pradesh (UP RTO along with RTO code UP so let’s begin with the establishment and RTO Uttar Pradesh purpose.
The UP RTO was established under the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988. It is in charge of dealing with various transportation-related matters such as driving licence documents, motor vehicle registration, permit grant and renewal, tax/fee collection, and all other factors that fall under the provisions of the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988.
The department of Uttar Pradesh RTO is headed by the Transport Commissioner and it is responsible to carry out an organised public transport system in the area that comes under its jurisdiction.
RTO Code UP
The below list contains the RTO code UP and RTO Uttar Pradesh(UP RTO) for vehicle registration in Uttar Pradesh. It was also established under the provisions of section 213(1) of the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988.
Name of RTO
RTO CODE UP
Name of RTO
RTO CODE UP
|Saharanpur||UP- 11||Mau||UP- 54|
|UP- 12||Siddharthnagar||UP- 55|
|Bulandshahr||UP- 13||Maharajganj||UP- 56|
|Ghaziabad||UP- 14||PADRAUNA||UP- 57|
|Meerut||UP- 15||SANT KABIR NAGAR||UP- 58|
|Noida||UP- 16||Ballia||UP- 60|
|Bagpat||UP- 17||Ghazipur||UP- 61|
|Greater Noida||UP- 18||Jaunpur||UP- 62|
|Shamli||UP- 19||Mirzapur||UP- 63|
|Moradabad||UP- 21||Varanasi||UP- 65|
|Rampur||UP- 22||Bhadohi||UP- 66|
|Jyotiba Phule Nagar||UP- 23||Chandauli||UP- 67|
|Badaun||UP- 24||Allahabad||UP- 70|
|Bareilly||UP- 25||Fatehpur||UP- 71|
|Pilibhit||UP- 26||Pratapgarh||UP- 72|
|Shahjahanpur||UP- 27||Kaushabhi||UP- 73|
|Ayodhya||UP- 28||Kannauj||UP- 74|
|Yusuf||UP- 29||Etawah||UP- 75|
|Hardoi||UP- 30||Farrukhabad||UP- 76|
|Kheri||UP- 31||Kanpur dehat||UP- 77|
|Lucknow||UP- 32||Kanpur nagar||UP- 78|
|Raebareli||UP- 33||Auraiya||UP- 79|
|Sitapur||UP- 34||Agra||UP- 80|
|Unnao||UP- 35||Aligarh||UP- 81|
|Amethi||UP- 36||Etah||UP- 82|
|Hapur||UP- 37||Firozabad||UP- 83|
|Sambhal||UP- 38||Mainpuri||UP- 84|
|Bahraich||UP- 40||Mathura||UP- 85|
|Barabanki||UP- 41||Hathrash||UP- 86|
|Faizabad||UP- 42||Kanshiram Nagar||UP- 87|
|Gonda||UP- 43||Banda||UP- 90|
|Sultanpur||UP- 44||Hamirpur||UP- 91|
|Ambedkar Nagar||UP- 45||Jalaun||UP- 92|
|Shrawasti||UP- 46||Jhansi||UP- 93|
|Balrampur||UP- 47||Lalitpur||UP- 94|
|Azamgarh||UP- 50||Mahoba||UP- 95|
|Basti||UP- 51||Chitrakoot Dham||UP- 96|
You might be guessing what types of functions are done in RTO Uttar Pradesh? (UP RTO) So, let’s discuss them.
Functions of RTO Uttar Pradesh
Here is the function of (RTO Uttar Pradesh) UP RTO;
- Learner’s licence
- Permanent Licence
- Duplicate Licence
- Renewal of Driving Licence
- Issuance of Fancy Number Plates
- Addition of Another Class of Vehicle
- Alteration in Driving Licence
- International Driving Permit
- New Conductor’s Licence
- Replacement/ Alteration in Conductor’s Licence
- Registration of New Vehicle
- Renewal of RC
- Renewal of Conductor’s Licence
- Duplicate Conductor’s Licence
- Finance/ Hypothecation Agreement
- Transfer of Ownership of Vehicle
- Issuance of NOC for Registration of Vehicle in Other state
- Re- assignment of New Registration Mark
- Permits for transport Vehicles
Uttar Pradesh vehicle registration details
In this section, we will discuss what is the vehicle registration process in UP RTO (RTO Uttar Pradesh)
Temporary Vehicle Registration in UP RTO
- A vehicle owner may register their vehicle incidentally with a registering authority. Temporary vehicle registration is valid for a maximum of one month and cannot be reinstated. The process takes about three days and requires the vehicle owner to prepare the vehicle for inspection.
Permanent Vehicle Registration in UP RTO
- A recommendation Form 20 must be completed and submitted to the Transport Department/ RTO in your area for the registration of another private vehicle.You can download form 20 from the website or can get it from the UP RTO(RTO Uttar Pradesh).
- A candidate must present the merchant/sales producer’s certificate, the maker’s roadworthiness declaration, attested copies of vehicle insurance papers, address proof, a unique print of the vehicle chassis number, and other documents.
- Receipt of a one-time street assessment paid to the vehicle office, as well as payment of the registration fee
- A registration number will be distributed to the vehicle after vehicle examination by the registration expert.
RC transfer fees for vehicle in India
Medical Fitness Certificate for Driving License: Apply for One in 2022
Documents required for vehicle registration in UP RTO
Here is the list of documents required for UP RTO(RTO Uttar Pradesh).
- Form 20 ,Form 21,Form 60/61
- Roadworthiness certificate and PUC certificate
- Insurance certificate
- Address proof
- Testimony that is verified by a notary
Renewal of Uttar Pradesh vehicle registration details
As RC book contains all the documents for vehicle, it needs to be updated and original. If you plan to buy old vehicle then first check the vehicle RC book and vehicle details. If both the details match, then only buy the old vehicle. Apply for renewal of vehicle of certificate in UP RTO (RTO Uttar Pradesh) of registration in Form 25 to the Registering Authority in whose jurisdiction the vehicle is, not more than 60 days before the date of its expiry.
Procedure for renewal of Uttar Pradesh vehicle registration details
Here is the procedure for renewal of RC in UP RTO (RTO Uttar Pradesh)
- First, you have to visit the parivahan official website open this website and select menu to online service, open drop down menu and select vehicle related services option.
- Now select state from drop down menu. Then select state redirect vahan parivahan website.
- Open new page and on the left side, select the stare and RTO. Click on proceed.
- Select menu to RC related service. Click on ‘Renewal of Registration’.
- Enter the registration number and chassis number. Now click on validation registration number/ chassis number button.
- Now, select your registration number and next process is to fill the form and pay fees for renewal application fees.
- Submit application successfully and then you will get renewal of vehicle registration certificate (RC) of vehicle.
So, this was all about the RTO Uttar Pradesh (UP RTO). If you have any queries regarding this topic, please mention in the comment section.
1.What is contact details of RTO Lucknow ?
Name- RTO Lucknow
RTO office Lucknow address : Office of The Transport Commissioner, Tehri Kothi, M.G Road, Uttar Pradesh, Lucknow- 226001.
Contact number: 0522- 2436445
Phone number: 0522- 2433555
Helpline number: 1800 1800 151
Date: Monday to Friday
Appointment timings: 10:00 AM- 5:00 PM
UP RTO website: uptransport.upsd.gov.in
Leave a Reply