In this article, we will talk about the procedure for Minor Pan Card Apply Online.
A Permanent Account Number (PAN) Card is a document related to tax purposes. It is a specific card for the ascertainment of the tax liabilities of the person. This card is linked with all the monetary transactions of the person.
It makes the attraction of the tax liabilities of the person easier for the government. The PAN Card will be issued to both citizens and non-citizens of India, provided the non-citizens should have a business interest in India.
It is an important piece of document. It has varied uses like from the paying taxes, buying properties, investing, etc. A PAN Card is issued for both major and minor ones. The Protean eGov Technologies Limited, a governmental body issues the PAN Card for the people in India.
Minor Pan Card
Minor Pan Card is a valid document. It can be signed by the parents or the guardians, whatever the case may be. If the parent or guardian is unable to do it, then their thumb impression will be sufficient for the purpose. It will be delivered to the same address, as that of the Parent’s or Guardian’s. Keep reading to know the procedure for Minor Pan Card Apply Online
Documents necessary for the Minor Pan Card Apply online:
The following documents are extremely important for the minor pan card application:
- The Form – Either form49 or form 49A.
- The Proof of age can be an Aadhaar Card, Passport, Date of Birth Certificate, Marksheet from the 10th or 12th classed from the recognised board, etc.
- The Proof of Address can be a Post office passbook, Passport, Domicile certificate, etc.
- The Proof of identity can be a passbook, Aadhaar Card, Photo identity card issued by the Government (if any), etc.
Minor Pan Card
Process of availing the PAN Card for a minor in India.
The process of availing the PAN Card for a minor has been envisaged by the Government in two ways – Either online or offline. The process of minor PAN Card apply online has been discussed below:
Minor Pan Card Apply Online
- Visit the official portal of the Protean eGov Technologies Limited to apply for Minor Pan Card Apply Online.
- Then, click on the Online Tab Application option.
- A list will appear on the screen. Choose the option of Form49 or Form49A, depending on the circumstances of the case.
- Read all the instructions carefully. Choose the category of the person from the screen. Then, click select from the screen.
- Fill all the particulars required on the screen.
- Submit all of the required documents in the tab.
- Make an online payment of the fee.
- Thereafter, click submit. A reference number will be generated. It will be used for future reference in order to check the status of the process.
- After the prescribed time period, a PAN Card will be sent to the registered address of the person.
Minor Pan Card Apply Offline
You can opt for Minor Pan Card Apply Online or offline process as well. The offline process is another mode of applying for a PAN Card for a Minor in India. It’s elaborated as under:
- Visit the official website of the Tax Authorities.
- Download Form 49 or Form 49A (Form 49 is required for Indian residents and Form 49A is used by the Indians that are not residing in India).
- Besides from the website, the form can be availed from the UTIITSL offices or with the help of their agents.
- Submit all the required details in the form.
- Along with the Application form, submit the copies of the required documents as well.
- There is no requirement of a passport size photo of a minor.
- Visit the local UTIITSL office and submit all of the documents.
- Pay the required fee along with it.
- The verification of the documents along with all the information will be completed. Then only, a PAN Card will be delivered to the required address of the applicant.
How to apply for PAN Card
Now you know the procedure for Minor Pan Card Apply Online. Do you wonder what will happen to your PAN Card when you will turn 18? Do you need a new registration for PAN Card? Are you freaked out? No need to worry, when we have brought a wonderful process for you to follow when you turn 18! Keep scrolling and learn about the process. These are the steps:
- Firstly, there is a need to apply for a fresh application on attaining maturity.
- The form needs to be submitted along with all the required updated information.
- Documents need to be submitted. The photographs are now mandatory to submit along with the age proof, address proof, etc.
- Both of the modes of making the application are accepted. An applicant can avail either physical or online mode of application.
- Check all the particulars before submitting the details.
- Payment needs to be done. Within India, a person is expected to pay Rs. 107 and one with outside address needs to pay Rs. 989.
- After furnishing the payment, an acknowledgment number will be generated. It will be used for the future course of action.
Benefits of Minor PAN Card apply online:
The benefits of Minor PAN Card apply online are many and can be listed as follows:
- It can be identity proof for kids of any age group.
- If you have made your child a nominee for your property, investments, etc. then it is mandatory for him to have a PAN Card.
- If the investments are in the name of a child.
- If the child is earning from a very young age, then for the taxable issues, a PAN Card is made necessary for the kids.
- Where a parent wants to open a bank account of the minor under the scheme of Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana, then a PAN Card is required for your girl child.
- The Child’s income is taxable when the minor is physically disabled, blind, deaf, etc., then only a PAN Card will be made mandatory for a minor.
For more information, the customer care number available for all the queries related to the minor PAN Card issues can be contacted. The numbers are toll free and are here as under:
- (022) 2499 4200 (paid),
- 1800 1020 990 (Investor Helpline),
- 1800 224 430 (Enquiries).