Passport renewal can be done within 1 year of the expiry of the passport. Validity of the passport of an adult is 10 years. Passport renewal is to be done before the validity of the passport ends. If there is change in personal particulars such as address ,name, spouse name etc. then application for re-issue of the passport can be submitted any time.
Passport renewal process
Following are the steps for the renewal of the passport :
- Filling of the passport application online
- Submission of the completed application form
- Payment of applicable fees for renewal of passport
- Scheduling of appointment for the visit to passport office
- Visit to passport seva kendra for photograph and document verification
- Police verification/ address verification
- Passport issue
- Dispatch of passport by post
Passport renewal documents
Following are the documents required for passport :
1. Old passport
2. Current address proof of last 1 year ( Voterid/ Aadhar/ Electricity bill/ Telephone bill/ Photo passbook of bank/gas connection / Certificate from Employer on PSU letter head (for Govt. Employees)/ HR letter from reputed company
For specific information on the documents required for renewal of passport under different category pls refer
Passport renewal fees
Passport renewal fees under different category is as follows :
Normal passport (Adult ), 30 pages – Rs. 1500
Normal Passport (Minor), 30 pages – Rs. 1000
Normal passport (Adult ), 60 pages – Rs. 2000
Tatkal passport (Adult ), 30 pages – Rs. 3500
Tatkal Passport (Minor), 30 pages – Rs. 3000
Normal passport (Adult ), 60 pages – Rs. 4000
There is 10% rebate in the application fees for the renewal of passport in case applicant is either senior citizen or minor under the age of 8 years.
Application type for the renewal of passport
There are two types of application process for the renewal of passport :
- Normal passport – Under normal process it will takes approx 25-30 days in getting passport
- Tatkal passport – Tatkal is fast track process . It takes 2-4 days in getting passport. In tatkal passport a verification letter from Gazetted officer is required other than the documents required for normal passport.
How to renew passport online
The steps involved for the renewal of passport is :
1. Online registration – The first step is registration on the passport india official website. Url of the website is www.passportindia.gov.in . Applicant needs to create userid to apply for renewal of the passport online. Keep your email- id and other details ready for the creation of userid.
2. Filling of the form – Next step in the application process for renewal of passport is filling of the form . Be careful while filling of the form . Enter correct information and choose appropriate options during filling of the forms. Wrong entry may result into rejection of the passport application.
3. Fees payment : For passport fees payment , applicant has two options . Either it can paid at the State Bank of India using Chalan option or can be paid online using online methods of payment . If it is paid at State Bank of India branch , detail of Chalan needs to be entered in the online passport application process.
4. Appointment scheduling : After passport fees payment , next step is to get an appointment for the visit to passport seva kendra for the purpose of photograph which is taken at passport seva kendra only and for document verification. While taking appointment applicant get option of choosing passport seva kendra . Nearest and convenient location passport seva kendra can be chosen. For the detailed list of passport seva kendra please refer link https://itzeazy.in/blog/2017/11/27/passport-seva-kendra/
5. Visit to passport seva Kendra : On the day and time of appointment scheduled applicant needs to visit passport seva kendra office . Physical visit to passport seva kendra is mandatory and there is no exception or exemption to this process . Try to reach passport seva kendra office at least 15 minutes before . Originals of all the required documents should be carried along with one photo copy of each document. while originals documents are verified and returned one set of photo copy of each document is kept by passport office. Also don’t forget to carry print of passport appointment receipt . Without this you wont be allowed inside passport seva kendra . No one other than applicant is allowed to enter inside passport seva kendra .In case of minor one of the parents needs to accompany the child. After successful verification of documents , photographs of applicant is being taken at passport seva kendra only which will appear on the passport issued. After successful completion of the process applicant will get one acknowledgement slip. Next process will be address verification by police.
6. Police verification : Once document is verified at passport seva kendra , address verification is done by local police thana . Police verification is done at all the addresses where applicant has lived for last one year .During police verification police generally wants to meet applicant and two references given .
7. Passport issue : Upon successful police verification , passport is being issued and is dispatched by post .
For more information on passport renewal process please visit https://itzeazy.in/passport/articles/passport-online.php
Passport consultncy at Itzeazy
Itzeazy provides passport consultancy service for :
- New passport
- Renewal of passport
- Re-issue of passport
Passport application process at itzeazy is online . We have expert team of consultants who guide you end to end throughout the passport application process. Passport consultancy service can be availed at https://itzeazy.in/location/passport