Passport for senior citizens can be applied in India whose age is above 60 years. There is discount on senior citizen passport fee. However documents required for senior citizen passport is same as adult passport . Senior citizen passport renewal have same requirement as any adult passport. Itzeazy helps in passport application for senior citizen.
Senior citizens usually travel abroad due to their kids being settled their or are working or to just visit their relatives or family members. Senior citizens are independent and can afford to travel on their own. The Indian Government has made this pretty much easy. Now senior citizens can apply for their passport easily and travel the world.
Senior citizen of India who want fresh or reissue of passport can apply via Passport Seva Kendra with quick and simple method specially designed for a senior citizen. For passport for senior citizens, there is a facility for direct walk-in at Passport Seva Kendra, means they are not required to fill the form online or book an appointment. Moreover, there is a special counter for senior citizen for application of passport faster without waiting in the queue. Click Here for passport application for Senior Citizen
Sometimes, it is not possible for senior citizens to tolerate going PSK physically under this new rules but it is mandatory for all applicants to physically present and follow all the procedure for biometric and photograph. There is a general procedure for online passport application, rules and regulations of passport application, and issuance as predetermined in Passport Act.
Senior citizen age for passport
The person comes under the senior citizen age category when he/she completed the 60 years of age legally. However, regarding passport application, a person must qualify under the senior citizen category if they fulfill the following requirements:
- A person should be 60 years of age and not a dweller of Jammu and Kashmir state
- If a person is a dweller of J & K—men of 60 years of age and women are 60 years of age is considered a senior citizen
For a resident of Jammu and Kashmir, the applicant falls under this category
- A person is born in Jammu and Kashmir
- The permanent address is in Jammu and Kashmir
- Present address in J & K
- These are not applicable for another state citizen who is working in J & K and residing in the same state by the Government of India.
Passport Application for Senior Citizen
The passport issued for a senior citizen is not a special passport. It is issued for a validity of 10 years. It is issued after post police verification which is the best thing. This makes the process more faster for the applicant to have issued a passport. The person needs to go to PSK along with the passport application form and documents required.
No condition allows presenting at PSK on behalf of another person. It is easy to apply for passport online and make payment online through Credit/Debit/Internet banking.
In addition, senior citizens can walk-in to the PSK, so there is no need to book an appointment. The applicant must require obtaining an application reference number before visiting PSK. Moreover, for a walk-in appointment, one should know the Passport Seva Kendra timing.
- Working Days—Monday to Friday
- Off days –Saturday and Sunday
- Hours of Work—9:30 AM 4:30 pm and 1:30 to 2:00 is Lunch Time
Type of Passport Form Needed
The application for a passport for a senior citizen is same as an ordinary passport. A person can download the form online from PSK website. One can fill the form online so that at PSK the process of application is at ease. A senior citizen can also visit PSK to obtain the form, fill the form, and submit it.
Documents required for Senior Citizen passport
Following are the documents required for senior citizen passport :
- Proof of Address
- Aadhar card/voter ID card/PAN card
- Electricity bill/water bill/telephone bill/gas connection proof/driving license
- Rent agreement/photo passbook of the bank account of any bank
Proof of Birth
- Date of birth proof/matriculation certificate
- Aadhar Card/Voter ID Card/PAN Card
- Income tax assessment order
- Certificate of the employer on the letterhead
- Service photo Identity card issued by the central and state government, PSU, public limited companies, or local bodies
- SC, ST, and OBC certificate
- Arm license
- Property documents
- Freedom fighter identity card
- Pension documents of ex-employee
- The standard affidavit which is part of Annexure 1 has to be mandatorily submitted.
- Verification certificate as per Annexure F or a copy of your child’s passport who is staying abroad and is above 18 years of age should be submitted along with the other documents.
Senior Citizen passport fee
Senior citizen gets 10% discount on passport fee to be paid. This is applicable for both fresh passport for senior citizen and passport renewal for senior citizens.
The passport for senior citizen application fee payment depends on the number of pages applied for in passport booklet. There is Rs. 1350 application fee for 36 pages of passport for normal application and Rs. 1800 for a 60-page passport.
The senior citizen passport application a has to follow the same procedure and same rules are applied as per adult passport. However, the government has given the preference to the aged people for an easy process like—they do not need to stand in a long queue, waiting for their chance, and being delayed for passport application.
Senior citizen passport renewal
Senior citizen passport renewal can be done 1 year before the expiry of passport. Renewal of passport for senior citizen can be applied even after the expiry of passport validity. There is no late fine.
Passport renewal requirements for senior citizen
Following are the documents required for senior citizen passport renewal
1. Old Passport in original with self-attested photocopy of its first two and last two pages
2. Current address proof ( Any one of the following)
- Water Bill
- Telephone (landline or post paid mobile bill)
- Electricity bill
- Income Tax Assessment Order
- Election Commission Photo ID card
- Proof of Gas Connection
- Certificate from Employer of reputed companies on letter head
- Spouse’s passport copy (First and last page including family details mentioning applicant’s name as spouse of the passport holder), (provided the applicant’s present address matches the address mentioned in the spouse’s passport)
- Parent’s passport copy, in case of minors(First and last page)
- Aadhaar Card
- Rent Agreement
- Photo Passbook of running Bank Account (Scheduled Public Sector Banks, Scheduled Private Sector Indian Banks and Regional Rural Banks only)