Senior citizen of India who want fresh or reissue of passport can apply via Passport Seva Kendra with quick and simple method specially designed for a senior citizen. For passport for senior citizens, there is a facility for direct walk-in at Passport Seva Kendra, means they are not required to fill the form online or book an appointment. Moreover, there is a special counter for senior citizen for application of passport faster without waiting in the queue. Click Here for passport application for Senior Citizen
Sometimes, it is not possible for senior citizens to tolerate going PSK physically under this new rules but it is mandatory for all applicants to physically present and follow all the procedure for biometric and photograph. There is a general procedure for online passport application, rules and regulations of passport application, and issuance as predetermined in Passport Act.
Senior citizen age in India criterion
The person comes under the senior citizen age category when he/she completed the 65 years of age legally. However, regarding passport application, a person must qualify under the senior citizen category if they fulfill the following requirements:
- A person should be 65 years of age and not a dweller of Jammu and Kashmir state
- If a person is a dweller of J & K—men of 65 years of age and women are 60 years of age is considered a senior citizen
For a resident of Jammu and Kashmir, the applicant falls under this category
- A person is born in Jammu and Kashmir
- The permanent address is in Jammu and Kashmir
- Present address in J & K
- These are not applicable for another state citizen who is working in J & K and residing in the same state by the Government of India.
Passport Application for Senior Citizen
The passport issued for a senior citizen is not a special passport. It is an ordinary passport issue after post police verification. The person needs to go to PSK along with the passport application form and documents required. No condition allows presenting at PSK on behalf of another person. It is easy to apply for passport online and make payment online through Credit/Debit/Internet banking.
In addition, senior citizens can walk-in to the PSK, so there is no need to book an appointment. The applicant must require obtaining an application reference number before visiting PSK. Moreover, for a walk-in appointment, one should know the Passport Seva Kendra timing.
- Working Days—Monday to Friday
- Off days –Saturday and Sunday
- Hours of Work—9:30 AM 4:30 pm and 1:30 to 2:00 is Lunch Time
Type of Passport Form Needed
The application for a passport for a senior citizen is same as an ordinary passport. A person can download the form online from PSK website. One can fill the form online so that at PSK the process of application is at ease. A senior citizen can also visit PSK to obtain the form, fill the form, and submit it.
Documents required for Indian passport for Senior Citizen
The documents required for a fresh passport as a proof of date of birth and address proof at nearest PSK. If the applicant is residing in another location that his/her hometown and filled the form from that location only, then he/she has to give the address proof. Otherwise, at police verification time, the application can be put a halt. Here is a list of documents needed at PSK office for a passport for senior citizen application:
- Aadhar card/voter ID card/PAN card
- Electricity bill/water bill/telephone bill/gas connection proof/driving license
- Rent agreement/photo passbook of the bank account of any bank
- Date of birth proof/matriculation certificate
- Income tax assessment order
- Certificate of the employer on the letterhead
- Service photo Identity card issued by the central and state government, PSU, public limited companies, or local bodies
- SC, ST, and OBC certificate
- Arm license
- Property documents
- Freedom fighter identity card
- Pension documents of ex-employee
Passport application fee for Senior Citizen
For a fresh passport, the senior citizen also needs to pay an equal fee as others. The passport for senior citizen application fee payment depends on the number of pages applied for in passport booklet. There is 1500-application fee for 36 pages of passport for normal application and 2000 for a 60-page passport.
The senior citizen passport application also has to follow the same procedure and same rules are applied as per adult passport. However, the government has given the preference to the aged people for an easy process like—they do not need to stand in a long queue, waiting for their chance, and being delayed for passport application.