Passport for senior citizens India can be applied whose age is above 60 years. There is a discount on the senior citizen passport fee as well as on the passport renewal fee senior citizen. However, the documents required for a senior citizen passport is the same as an adult passport. Senior citizen passport renewal has the same requirement as an adult passport. Itzeazy helps in passport for senior citizens India.
If you want to apply for a Passport for senior citizens India, you must physically appear at the Passport Seva Kendra. You will have the advantage of walk-ins. As The Indian Government has made this pretty much easy, senior citizens do not need to schedule an appointment online.
Senior citizens of India who want fresh or reissue of the passport can apply via Passport Seva Kendra with a quick and simple method specially designed for a senior citizen. For passport for senior citizens India, there is a facility for direct walk-in at Passport Seva Kendra, which means they are not required to fill the form online or book an appointment. Furthermore, there is a special counter for senior citizen passport applications to ease the process without having to wait in line. Click Here for passport application for Senior Citizen
Under these new rules, it is sometimes impossible for senior citizens to tolerate going PSK physically for senior citizen passport. However, all applicants must be physically present and follow all biometrics and procedures.
There is a general procedure for online passport for senior citizens India, rules and regulations of passport application and issuance as predetermined in the Passport Act. To know the senior citizen passport fee keep reading the article.
Eligibility for Senior Citizen Passport
The person comes under the senior citizen age category when he/she completed 60 years of age legally. However, to get a senior citizen passport, a person must qualify under the senior citizen category if they fulfil the following requirements:
- A person must be 60 years old and not a resident of the state of Jammu and Kashmir.
- If a person lives in J&K, he or she is considered a senior citizen at the age of 60 for men and 60 for women.
For a resident of Jammu and Kashmir, the applicant falls under this category
- A person is born in Jammu and Kashmir
- The permanent address is in Jammu and Kashmir
- Present address in J & K
- These are not applicable for another state citizen who is working in J & K and residing in the same state by the Government of India.
That’s all about the eligibility criteria for a passport for senior citizens India. Let’s see the passport seva kendra walkin timings for senior citizen passport.
Passport Seva Kendra Walk-In Timings
A senior citizen passport is not a special passport. It has a 10-year validity period. The best part is that it is issued after police verification. This shortens the time it takes to issue a passport to the applicant. The individual must go to PSK with the required passport application form and documents. Along with senior citizen passport fee.
No condition allows presenting at PSK on behalf of another person. Senior citizens can walk-in to the PSK. The applicant must require obtaining an application reference number before visiting PSK. Moreover, for a walk-in appointment, one should know the Passport Seva Kendra walkin timings.
- Working Days—Monday to Friday
- Off days –Saturday and Sunday
- Hours of Work—9:30 AM 4:30 pm and 1:30 to 2:00 is Lunch Time
Type of Passport Form Needed
The application for a passport for senior citizens India is the same as an ordinary passport. A person can download the form online from PSK website. One can fill the form online so that at PSK the process of application is at ease. A senior citizen can also visit PSK to obtain the form, fill the form, and submit it to get the senior citizen passport.
Documents required for Senior Citizen passport
Following are the documents required for a passport for senior citizens India :
Proof of Address
- Aadhar card/voter ID card/PAN card
- Electricity bill/water bill/telephone bill/gas connection proof/driving license
- Rent agreement/photo passbook of the bank account of any bank
Proof of Birth
- Date of birth proof/matriculation certificate
- Aadhar Card/Voter ID Card/PAN Card
- Income tax assessment order
- Certificate of the employer on the letterhead
- Service photo Identity card issued by the central and state government, PSU, public limited companies, or local bodies
- SC, ST, and OBC certificate
- Arm license
- Property documents
- Freedom fighter identity card
- Pension documents of ex-employee
- The standard affidavit which is part of Annexure 1 has to be mandatorily submitted.
- Along with the other documents, you must submit a verification certificate as per Annexure F or a copy of your child’s passport if he or she is staying abroad and is over the age of 18.
For more information on documents required for senior citizen, passport click on documents required for passport.
Senior Citizen Passport Fee
Senior citizens receive a 10% discount on the passport fee. This applies to both new senior citizen passport fee and passport renewals for senior citizens.
The passport for senior citizen application fee payment depends on the number of pages applied for in the passport booklet. There is Rs. 1350 application fee for 36 pages of passport for normal application and Rs. 1800 for a 60-page passport.
If you are applying for passport for senior citizens India, you must follow the same procedure and rules as adult passport applications. The government, on the other hand, has given the elderly preference for a straightforward process, such as not having to wait in a long queue, or be delayed for a passport application.
Senior citizen passport renewal
Senior citizen passport renewal can be done 1 year before the expiry of the passport. Renewal of passport for senior citizen is possible even after the validity of the passport has expired. There is no late penalty.
Passport renewal requirements for senior citizen
Following are the documents required for senior citizen passport renewal
1. Original old passport with self-attested photocopies of the first two and last two pages
2. Current address proof ( Any one of the following)
- Water Bill
- Telephone (landline or postpaid mobile bill)
- Electricity bill
- Income Tax Assessment Order
- Election Commission Photo ID card
- Proof of Gas Connection
- Certificate from Employer of reputed companies on letterhead
- Spouse’s passport copy (First and last page including family details mentioning applicant’s name as the spouse of the passport holder), (provided the applicant’s present address matches the address mentioned in the spouse’s passport)
- Parent’s passport copy, in case of minors(First and last page)
- Aadhaar Card
- Rent Agreement
- Photo Passbook of running Bank Account (Scheduled Public Sector Banks, Scheduled Private Sector Indian Banks and Regional Rural Banks only)
For more information on a passport for a senior citizen, or senior citizen passport fee you may visit the Passport official Govt website.