In this article, we will take a look at how to do passport application mistakes corrections. What is the process for passport update online? Without further ado, let’s get started with passport correction in detail.
A passport is a very important document for you. If you want to travel abroad. And you should make sure that all the details that are present in your passport are up-to-date, if not then do a passport update. Because, if the details are not correct then you will have to face some problems at the time to book an international flight. Apparently, these mistakes occur due to the change in name, address, phone number, etc.
So, in this article, we will explain passport application mistakes corrections that are present in your passport.
So, a question arises in everyone’s mind how do I apply for passport correction?
The answer is simple. Just read this article till the end and then all your doubts regarding the passport update online will be cleared.
What are the reasons for passport correction?
Whenever you make a passport you give all of the details such as your Name, Phone Number, Address, etc. However, all of this information can be changed because of the following reasons.
- Your surname can be changed after marriage.
- After a divorce, your last name can be changed.
- Your address can change if you buy a new home.
- If you buy a new sim card, your Phone Number can be changed.
- Other reasons.
So all these can be the major reasons that result in a passport application mistakes corrections. So, if you want to avoid that then read the whole passport correction or the passport update online process very carefully.
Documents required for passport correction.
Some necessary documents are very crucial at the time of passport correction. Basically, all of these passports represent your identity and all the details that are very important for your passport. And these passport application mistakes corrections documents are.
- Aadhar card.
- Pan card (if you have one).
- original mark sheet of 10th and 12th.
- driving license (if you have one).
- your passbook.
- your voter ID card (if you have one).
So all of these documents are necessary at the time of passport correction and you should note that you must have a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 5 documents which should be in their original copy as well as you should also have a photocopy for each and every document.
But if you want to change the details in your passport in various different situations then you have to bring all of these documents.
Documents required for address change in passport update
If your address is changed then for passport update online, there are many various documents that you should have.
you should have your address proof (which should be in the original form)such as registration papers, Electricity bill (on that address), or any other original documents that will display the address of your new home or property. For passport application mistakes corrections in address, you will need above mentioned documents.
Documents required for passport name correction
If a woman’s name is changed because of her marriage or divorce. Then she has to update passport. And to do passport application mistakes corrections in name there are many various documents that are required.
- she should have an original copy of her marriage certificate.
- the photocopy of her husband is also required. (if available).
- she should have original divorce papers (which will work as proof).
All these documents are required when you are going to update passport online. (*All these documents should be verified by the legal government authorities.).
So, these were the different cases in which you can do passport application mistakes corrections. And then by bringing all of the documents that are listed above, you can easily do passport correction.
But if there is more different information that has to be changed in your passport. Don’t worry just follow the steps and you will be good to go.
Passport Application Mistakes Corrections
So, here is the steps that are required for passport application mistakes corrections. If you are having many different mistakes in your passport you surely have to correct them, and to correct these mistakes you have to follow the following steps:
- Firstly, you have to register yourself at the passport website which is called “passport Seva” and so in order to passport update online you have to go to the website and be beware of the other fake sites. And if you want to go to the site directly you can go by directly clicking here. There are many different steps that will help you to Log onto the Passport Seva Website.
- After you click on this link your account will be verified and then you can use your account for further processes after that, you have to go to the home page and then you have to login yourself and click on “Apply for Fresh Passport/Re-issue of Passport.”
- The first and the foremost step that you have to follow is that you have to check whether you have registered yourself on the passport Seva site. And If you are already registered, use “Existing User Login”. Then you have to enter your user ID and password and enter your account.
- Secondly, if you are using the passport portal for the first time then you have to register yourself first.so If you are a first-time user, click on “New User”. And then you have to register yourself on the passport site by your mobile number and your email address. Make sure that you are entering your valid e-mail id and phone number, because they will be used for future purposes.
- Firstly, you have to check the appointment availability by entering the nearest passport office. And after selecting the passport office you have to fill out the captcha.
- Then you need to book an appointment for the passport correction. So, you can go to the passport office and get your passport corrected. So, after logging in you have to Choose a passport office in your city which is nearest to you. And if you want to go directly to the page you can go by clicking here Nearest Passport Office.
- Then after booking the appointment, you must provide your personal details that include your name and date of birth. That will be used as your information which is very crucial for the passport. And you should scan and upload all the documents that are required
- After that, you have to go and create a login ID and a password which will be counted as your basic login I’d. And it will be used in the future if you again have to visit the passport office for any other work and after that, you have to register yourself.
- After registering to your account you will have a preview of the details you entered. And also an email will be sent to your e-mail address which you have entered before with a confirmation link to activate your account.
- So, now all the procedure is finished now your final application file will be generated and shown to you. So, download and print that file and take it with you when you go to the office.
- That’s all about passport application mistakes corrections. Now follow the process for passport update online.
I hope all your doubts regarding the passport correction process are clear now. As we all know a passport is one of the most sensitive documents for us. So, we should always keep our passports up to date to avoid any kind of inconvenience.