The government of Odisha has made it mandatory to register the birth of every child in the geographical area of Odisha as per the “Act of Birth (and Death) Registration of 1969”, just like any other state in India. Birth certificate Odisha, a crucial document is usually issued by the chief registrar of Odisha. It is considered very important to prove an Indian citizen’s age, nationality, identity, in addition to being useful in various situations in his/her life.
In this article, you will get to know all the details regarding how to get birth certificate online in Odisha, like how to apply, check the status, download them, and more.
Apply online for Birth certificate Odisha
Ever since the government of Odisha launched a Civil Registration web portal . People living in Odisha can easily apply for a birth registration certificate from anywhere, without physically visiting the concerned authorities in their residential areas.
If you want to apply for a birth certificate online in Odisha, just follow these below-written steps carefully:
- First, open the official Civil Registration website of the government of Odisha
- Now tap on citizen services and then click on the option telling you to quickly apply for a certificate.
- Now a new webpage will open wherein you will have to select “birth”.
- Then you’ll have to enter the DOB and the URBN number. Now if you’re not aware of your URBN number, then find it by clicking the “know your URBN” tab given below.
- After that, an application form will open wherein you’ll have to enter every detail as asked.
- Then you’ll have to upload all the requisite documents and submit your application.
- After that, you’ll receive an acknowledgement number in your email or phone for your future reference.
Documents Necessary For Birth Certificate Online Odisha
Irrespective of your mode of application for a birth certificate in Odisha, whether it is online or by traditional means, you will have to possess the below mentioned documents for the registration process:
- The evidence of the place of birth where the child has taken birth, be it the certificate of discharge from the clinic, the hospital, or the nursing home.
- The child’s parents’ evidence of identity among Pan card, electoral roll, aadhar card, ration card, etc.
- The child’s parents’ residence proof among electoral roll, aadhar card, passport, etc. (optional)
- The child’s parents’ valid proof of marriage registration (optional)
As the act of birth and death registration in India instructs, an applicant must procure the birth certificate of his/her child from the following, whichever is applicable:
- The private clinic’s medical chief where the child has taken birth within a year
- General hospital’s medical officer where the child has taken birth within 21 days
- , if the child has taken birth at home or a public place as soon as possible. The entire event has to be reported to the concerned municipality’s healthcare unit by the head of family.
Steps For Birth Certificate Odisha Status Check
The residents of Odisha can now go to the official web portal to do birth certificate Odisha status check directly, just like how they used the portal to apply for birth registration in Odisha. But take a thorough note that you have to complete all the steps mentioned above to get an acknowledgement number that is necessary to check the status of your birth registration application and download the birth registration certificate successfully.
Given below is the procedure for birth certificate Odisha status check
- First, open the official civil registration website for birth certificate status.
- Then tap on citizen services and then select your locality between urban and rural and then find your district and location.
- Then you’ll be taken to a new page wherein you have scroll down and tap on the option telling “check birth registration status”
- In the next webpage, you’ll have to fill out your service type, online request number and registration number and then tap on search.
- After that, your application status will get displayed on the screen.
Birth Certificate Odisha Online Download
Given below is the procedure for birth certificate Odisha online download through website for your future reference:
- First, open the official civil registration website.
- Then choose the option telling “download certificates”.
- Then you’ll have to choose your locality between urban and rural and then find your district.
- Now a new page will open where you’ll have to fill out your service type, online request number and registration number and then tap on search.
- After that, your certificate will get displayed on the screen which you can download as PDF or print.
Birth Certificate Odisha Fees
Even though the birth certificate’s first copy costs zero given that the person has registered the birth within a year, you must note that you have to pay 100 INR for every single certificate copy next time onwards.
The table below mentions the costs incurred in the birth registration of a child in Odisha:
|Registration Duration||Fees (INR)|
|Registration done within 3 weeks after the child’s birth||Free|
|Registration done after 3 weeks after the child’s birth||2|
|Registration done after 1 month and within one year of the child’s birth||5|
|Registration done one complete year after the child’s birth||10|
Q1. In which portal can I apply for a birth certificate online in Odisha?
Ans. To apply for a birth certificate online in Odisha, you’ll have to visit the Odisha Government’s official civil registration website:
Q2. Is it possible for me to change any information on the birth certificate in Odisha?
Ans. Yes, you can easily change your information on the birth certificate in Odisha.
Leave a Reply