You can download birth certificate online after you have registered the occurrence of birth online or offline. You can download birth certificate online from the various state website of birth registration. Birth certificate is the first legal document for a baby. Know all about birth certificate download online procedure and tracking process in this blog.
Birth certificate download online
In India, birth certificates are generally processed within 7-15 days in India. The processing time for issuing birth certificates varies from one state to another. The Government of India has a centralized online facility to apply for domiciliary case of birth, download and check status of birth certificates from same platform called Civil Registration System (crsorgi.gov.in).
Many state Governments in India too have their own websites to register births and download it . You should apply for birth certificate within 21 days from the date of the occurrence of baby’s birth. The Registrar Office issues birth certificates. You can collect it from the nearest Registrar’s office or download it.
Birth certificate download in Chennai
Download birth certificate in Maharashtra
You can download the certificate by entering the unique Application Reference Number/ID and other details after you have received email confirmation that the online application for birth certificate has been received by the Registrar’s office.
The birth certificate has the following information:-
- Date of birth
- Mother’s Name
- Father’s Name
- Place or hospital where the baby was born
- Birth Registration number
- Date of registration
- Name of the baby
How to download birth certificate online?
- You can download your birth certificates for the states from the Digilocker app or digilocker website. DigiLocker:An Initiative Towards Paperless Governance
- Create an account by clicking “Sign up”. Enter all the details and click on “Submit”. Your mobile number/aadhar card number is your user name.
- You will receive an OTP. Submit the OTP to login.
- In the “Documents you might need” section, select “Explore More”.
- Under “Search for Documents” bar, type “birth certificate”.
- Click on your state and enter the necessary details.
- Click on the “Download” button.
- You will find your birth certificate in pdf format in “Issued Documents”
- You can download birth certificates only if it’s issued after the year 1999.
- You can find birth certificates of the following states only: Harayana, Telangana, Uttar Pradesh, West Bengal, Delhi, Assam, Himachal Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Jharkhand, Andhra Pradesh, Punjab, Chhattisgarh, Rajasthan, Goa and Uttarakhand.
Download birth certificates from state Government websites
|S. No.||State of India||Website|
|1||Andhra Pradesh||Search Birth Records (ap.gov.in) Fill up all the details and submit. Click on “print” to download the certificate|
|2||Bihar||Download Certificate (bihar.gov.in) Select Service as “RTPS” and enter name and application ID. Then click on “download certificate”|
|3||Tamil Nadu||BirthCertificate (chennaicorporation.gov.in) Enter all the necessary details. Click on “View” and then “download” to download the certificate|
|4||West Bengal||Janma-Mrityu Thathya (wb.gov.in) Select “Citizen Service” > “Births” > “Download birth certificate”|
|5||Delhi||Citizen – Portal (mcdonline.nic.in) Sign up using your LoginID and password. Select “Birth Registration” > In the search result tab, select “Action” > “Download your certificate”|
|6||Karnataka||Seva Sindhu (karnataka.gov.in) Login at “Registered users login here” View status of application>Track application> Click on “Delivered”> “Output certificate”>”Print out” to download|
Why do I need to download birth certificate?
The following are the reasons why you ever need to obtain and download birth certificates of your child.
- Birth certificates are the first legal government ID of your child. This ID will be useful in every phase of his life like school admission, college admission, placement, job applications, electoral roll, visa and passport application, marriage registration and so on. It is your age-proof and identity in all the scenarios.
- Birth certificates prove your parentage.
- Registration number on birth certificates helps in maintaining records about births in the country. Your registration number is used to enroll yourself in the National Population register.
- You won’t be able to apply to avail the benefits provided by the government or apply for certificates in future if you don’t have your birth certificate.
- You won’t be considered citizen of India if you don’t have a birth certificate to prove otherwise.
Download MCD birth certificate
Application for birth certificates in India
- Visit Civil Registration System (crsorgi.gov.in)
- To register, click on the sign up for ‘General Public Signup’ on the left-hand side.
- Fill all your necessary details and the verification code for registration.
- After registration, a pop-up will ask you to check your email ID to confirm the registration.
- Check your email inbox for your password for login.
- Sign in once again.
- Select your registration unit.
- Fill up all necessary details.
- Take print out of the application.
- Visit the office of the Registrar of your region with relevant documents. Submit the duly filled print out of online birth certificate application by yourself.
- You will receive an email confirmation after you have successfully submitted your application.
- You will receive a response within a week to collect your certificate within 15 days.
- You can apply at crsorgi.gov.in if your baby’s birth is a domiciliary case. It means the baby’s birth happened in your or someone’s house. You can then choose your nearest municipality to your house where the baby was born. You can collect your baby’s birth certificate within a week from the Municipality. Please apply within 21 days of baby’s birth; otherwise a fine will be levied for late registration.
- Some areas and states in India are not covered by this website. If the Registration Unit field shows that the username is active, it means that your area is valid for online registration.
- Some states have not provided the facility to download birth certificates from Digilocker. In that case, you need to visit the Municipality where the birth has taken place. You can apply for birth certificate online at crsorgi.gov.in and collect the same from the Municipality after a week.