Is your RC book lost ? Wondering how to apply for duplicate RC online ? Itzeazy helps in the process for duplicate RC book online. When you are applying for duplicate RC , its important to know duplicate RC process, duplicate RC fees, documents required for duplicate RC.
If you own a vehicle, it’s essential to have certain documents, and among them, the most important are Driving licence and RC. If you lose RC, then its important to know how to apply for duplicate RC of vehicle.
Duplicate RC of vehicle
The full form of vehicle RC is registration certificate. Its government issued certificate that ensures the authenticity of your vehicle. It is issued by RTO when you purchase a new vehicle, and it is a unique identification document for vehicle safety.
Similarly when you purchase a second hand car or bike, you get RC in your name after completion of the RC transfer process.
In case RC is lost or damaged, you can apply for a duplicate RC of vehicle.
Documents required for duplicate RC :
Following are the documents required for duplicate RC book :
- Application for duplicate RC (form 26)
- Copy of the FIR in case you have lost it or it has been stolen
- Original copy of RC if it is stained or torn or spoiled
- Details of tax for the preceding four quarters, including tax token and payment of tax
- A valid Insurance Certificate of the vehicle
- Aadhar card
- For commercial vehicles, the challan agreement from the traffic department & Enforcement Wing
- An affidavit which indicates that your Registration Certificate has been misplaced or lost and any authority hasn’t seized it
- Your attested PAN card copies or form 60
- Pencil print of Chassis number on a plain paper
- No objection certificate or NOC has to be taken from the financier
- Valid copy of Pollution certificate
Re Registration of vehicle after 15 years
How to apply for duplicate RC online:
Following are the steps to follow while applying for duplicate RC online :
- Visit parivahan website
- On the first page, you will be asked to log in. Log in using valid and accurate details.
- On the next page, click on “vehicle registration related service”, then “online services,” and then on the second option or misc duplicate RC.
- Now you have to enter your vehicle chassis no and then click on verify registration no.
- On the next page, after entering your mobile, no OTP will be sent to your mobile no, enter it and submit.
- A page will open with owner information; on the upper side, check the box containing duplicate RC text. Now in you have to fill in some details and then check all the details and click proceed.
- After successful payment, print the e-fee receipt.
- Now you have to fill form 26 and form 30 (if you don’t have a pan card)
- Finally, with duly filled form 26 and the other documents, including the final payment receipt, go to your RTO and submit the form and documents.
Your duplicate RC will be sent to you by post within seven days or a max of 30 days. If you don’t get your duplicate RC after 30 days, contact your RTO.
How to get a duplicate RC Offline :
To get a duplicate RC offline, you have to apply to the concerned RTO where vehicle is originally registered. An FIR can also be lodged online. By doing this, you will get a Missing Registration Certificate FIR for your lost RC. It will work as proof of the vehicle RC being lost. You have to give these details to get the FIR done :
- Vehicle Owner Name
- Vehicle Owner Address
- Chassis Number
- Engine Number
- Vehicle Model
- Vehicle Color
- Registration number of your vehicle
- Self-attested copy of ID proof or Aadhar card
- Self-attested copy of Address proof or Aadhar card
- Copy of the Driving license
Now go to your RTO and if your vehicle is leased/ financed, you will need an NOC from the bank and submit it to your RTO. Also, you have to submit the following documents:
- Duly filled RTO Form 26. (you can download it from here )
- FIR copy
- Bank NOC
- Chassis imprint of the car
- PUC copy
- ID proofs Aadhar or voter card
- An affidavit claiming the loss of RC (to ensure your RC is not seized)
After submitting you have to pay whatever the for providing duplicate RC and all done. Your duplicate RC will be sent to you by post or online RC download.
Fee details for duplicate RC :
Here are the details of the fee during the procedure of making duplicate RC —
Medium goods and passenger vehicle
|Light Motor Vehicle (Non-Transport)||
Heavy goods vehicle
|Heavy passenger motor vehicle||
Imported motor vehicle
I hope you have got your answers regarding duplicate RC. If this article helped you, don’t forget to share and upvote. Have a nice day.
If you’ve lost your registration certificate, or it’s just difficult to track down when you need a new one, check out our guide on applying for a duplicate rc online. We’ll walk you through the entire process, from filling in the application form to sending it off for verification. If everything goes as planned, you’ll have your new registration certificate within days — and without going through the hassle of going to an office!