Do you need to update your Aadhaar card? If so, you’re in luck! We’ll show you how to do it step-by-step in this blog post, so it’ll be quick and easy.
Updating your Aadhaar card can be a bit of a hassle, but it’s important to keep your information up-to-date. Your Aadhaar card is useful for many things, such as government services and bank accounts.
In this blog post, we’ll show you how to complete the updation of your Aadhaar card online and offline. We’ll also tell you what documents you need and answer some common questions.
So what are you waiting for? Start reading and learn how to update your Aadhaar card today!
How to update Aadhar card online
You can update your name, date of birth, address, and gender on your Aadhaar card online, but your mobile number must be linked.
The following is the procedure for updation of Aadhar Card be it a name, address, gender or date of birth information online:
Step 1: Go to https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/ssup/ and fill out the form.
Step 2: Select ‘Proceed to Update Aadhaar’ from the drop-down menu.
Step 3: Fill in the Aadhaar number as well as the captcha.
Step 4: Select ‘Send OTP’ from the drop-down menu.
Step 5: Type in the one-time password (OTP) sent to your registered phone number.
In the next step, select ‘Update Demographics Data.’ for the updation of Aadhar Card
Step 7: On the next page, select the appropriate parameters and click ‘Proceed.’
Step 8 – Make your modifications on the next page. The next step is to upload the necessary documentation.
Step 9 – Now it’s time to go through the information you’ve entered to update Aadhar card online.
Step 10 – Finally, send in your change request. You may track the status of the address change by using the Update Request Number (URN).
Updation of Aadhar Card by Going to an Aadhaar Enrolment Center?
The steps updation of Aadhar Card offline are as follows:
- Fill out the application correction form obtained by requesting one from the nearest Aadhaar Enrolment Centre.
- Make sure all of the information is correct.
- Attach the documents to the application form to show the changes, and then submit it.
- You must pay a fee to update your Aadhaar card address.
What are the Aadhaar Card details that can be changed online?
You can currently edit your address, name, gender, and date of birth information online. To update Aadhar card online, your mobile number must be connected to your Aadhaar. To make any further modifications to your Aadhaar Card, you must go to an Aadhaar Enrolment Centre.
How to Change Aadhar Address Without Document Proof?
The UIDAI has launched a service that allows you to updation of Aadhar Card address details without having to provide address confirmation. To finish the process, you’ll need to use the ‘Request for Aadhaar Validation Letter.’
Here are the four steps:
Step 1. The first step is for the resident to make the request.
- The resident must log in using his or her Aadhaar number.
- Enter the Verifier’s Aadhaar details.
- You will receive an SRN.
Step 2. Address Verifier Consents
- Click the link sent to your registered mobile number.
- Log in with your Aadhaar number.
- Give your permission.
Step 3. Address Verifier Consents
The registered mobile number receives a Verifier Consent.
- Enter your SRN to log in.
- Take a look at the address information.
- If necessary, change the language.
- Complete the form and submit it.
Step 4. Complete the User Secret Code
- A letter and the Secret Code will be mailed to you.
- Go to the address updating portal and log in.
- With the help of the Secret Code, change the address.
- Double-check the address before submitting.
- To verify the status of the request, you will be given a URN.
How do I change the phone number on my Aadhaar card?
The following is the method for changing your Aadhaar mobile number:
- Make a trip to the Aadhaar Seva Kendra. Complete the form and submit it. Make sure you fill out the form with the right phone number.
- To update your mobile number, you do not need to submit any documentation. A request for an update will be submitted. An acknowledgement slip will be provided.
Documents Required for Aadhaar Card Information Updates or Corrections
If you’re updating the information on your Aadhaar card or applying for your first Aadhaar card, you’ll need a certain set of documents. The documents are categorised into four groups:
- Proof of Date of Birth
- Proof of Residence
- Proof of Relationship
You can submit these papers online while updating your Aadhaar card information. You must, however, visit an Aadhaar Enrolment Center when applying for an Aadhaar card.
Important Things to Keep in Mind When Updating Your Aadhaar
The following are some things to keep in mind when updating your Aadhaar:
- Make sure the information you enter is correct.
- Double-check that all of the spellings are correct.
- Documentary evidence must back up the information you provide.
- Keep the acknowledgement receipt safe.
- Write down your URN so you can keep track of the update’s progress.
Reasons for Rejection of Update Requests
The following are some of the reasons why your updation of Aadhar Card request can be denied:
- The proper procedure isn’t being followed.
- The necessary documents are missing.
- Inaccurate information is provided.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1: How can I update my Aadhar card online?
A1: Go to the UIDAI website and click on Update Your Aadhaar, enter your Aadhaar number and registered mobile number, enter the OTP, select the data field to update, upload the required supporting documents, review and submit your changes.
Q2: What is the last Date for Aadhaar updation?
A2: There is no last date for Aadhaar updation.
Q3: How can I update my Aadhar card online after 10 years?
A3: Provide proof of identity and proof of address while updating your Aadhaar card online after 10 years.
Q4: What are the new rules for Aadhaar Updation?
A4: Provide proof of identity and proof of address when you update your Aadhaar card, update your Aadhaar card online only if your mobile number is registered with the UIDAI.
Q5: Can I update my Aadhar online by myself?
A5: Yes, you can update your Aadhar online by yourself.
Q6: Can I update Aadhar details at home?
A6: Yes, you can update Aadhar details at home by updating your Aadhaar card online or by visiting an Aadhaar Seva Kendra.