In this article, will talk about how you can do passport dispatch status tracking.
You must schedule an appointment with your local passport office when applying for a passport. On the passport Seva official website, you can reschedule an appointment, fill out the form, and pay the required fees. After making an appointment, print the ARN receipt and go to the Passport Seva Kendra to finish your passport application.
For passport dispatch status tracking you first need to check passport status. There are several ways to check the status of your passport. We’ll go over each method in detail in the next section.
Passport Status Tracking Online
For passport status tracking, follow this simple step-by-step procedure.
- Go to the passport’s official website.
- Choose your type of application.
- Select “Track Status” from the drop-down menu.
- Enter your date of birth and the 15-digit file number in the specified format.
- This will provide you with information on the status of your passport delivery.
- If your passport has already been dispatched, you’ll receive a 13-digit tracking number that you can use for passport dispatch status tracking via the Speed Post Service.
Passport Status Tracking via mPassport Seva Apps
The mPassport Seva App enables passport dispatch status. You can track the progress of your passport application by following the steps outlined in the passport tracking section below.
- You must first download the mPassport Seva app to your mobile device.
- Open the app and select “status tracker app”
- In order to check the status of your application, you will need to provide three inputs.
- Choose an application type. –
- Status of the application.
- Right to information.
- Application for diplomatic/official status.
- Surrender certificate
- Then type “file number” into the search box. The file number is a 15-digit alphanumeric series that is printed on your acknowledgement slip at the time of registration.
- You must first enter your date of birth and then select “track status.”
- The information from the resulting application tracker page is provided.
Before further moving on the topic of passport dispatch status tracking via the Speed Post Service. Let’s have a look at how to track passport status offline
Passport Status Tracking Offline
How to Check the Status of a Passport Application While Offline
You may check the progress of your passport application offline using the following methods:
- You can get updates on your passport application by calling 18002581800, which is a toll-free number. The Automated Interactive Voice Response (IVRS) service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can use it during non-working hours as well.
- To track the passport status via sms, send the STATUS FILE NUMBER to 9704100100 from you registered mobile number. Please note that the SMS service is a paid option
- Through the helpdesk, you can track the status of your passport application. To track the status of your passport, send an email to PSK.
Now you know how you can check the status of your passport. To check passport dispatch status tracking via the Speed Post Service, continue reading.
Passport Dispatch Status Tracking
Once you’ve figured out how to check passport status, you’ll need to figure out how to track passport delivery. You can easily check your passport dispatch status tracking with the Indian speed post service. It’s possible that the displayed status will differ from the real-time delivery status. So, it’s a good idea to check the status of your delivery in real-time with your nearest speed post centre. If the Speed Post Center staff is unable to locate your passport or if it is not collected, it will be returned to the sender’s address. In such cases, seek assistance from your Regional Passport Office.
For passport’s shipment, delivery and passport dispatch status tracking follow these steps:
When using the India Post Service website to track the status of your passport delivery, the 13-digit tracking number comes in handy.
- Visit India Post’s official webpage. Log in to this link
- To track a shipment choose “Track Consignment.”
- In the “Consignment Number” column, enter the 13-digit passport tracking number.
- Then select “Search” from the drop-down menu.
- If you don’t see any delivery tracking information, it implies your passport.
Passport Dispatch Status Tracking via SMS
For your passport dispatch status tracking, you can send an SMS. You can use India Post’s SMS service to track the status of your passport delivery. It provides a quick way to get information about the delivery of your passport without having to log into their website.
Simply send the text POS TRACK (13-digit tracking number) to one of these numbers. 166 or 51969 are the SMS numbers.
If your 13-digit tracking number is AB12345678901CD, POST TRACK AB12345678901CD and send it to 166 or 51969 .
If you want to get your passport from a regional passport office, you’ll need to fill out an application explaining why you need it so quickly. The RPO officers have the authority to accept or reject your application for pick-up at their offices.
What is the best way to keep track of the progress of my passport application?
Passport Seva via the Passport Seva Portal
Previously, you could inquire about the status of a passport application by going to the PSK (Passport Seva Kendra) where you applied and providing the file number. A new method of tracking a passport application is now available online. It simplifies the application process for the applicant and speeds up the tracking process to ensure that action is taken as soon as possible at the stage where the application is stored.
That concludes our discussion on the topic of passport dispatch status tracking. Happy tracking!