Wondering how to track passport after dispatch? No worries, Itzeazy has covered you. In this article, will talk about how you can do passport dispatch status tracking.
You must schedule an appointment with your local passport office when applying for a passport. On the passport Seva official website, you can reschedule an appointment, fill out the form, and pay the required fees. After making an appointment, print the ARN receipt and go to the Passport Seva Kendra to finish your passport application.
For passport dispatch status tracking you first need to check passport status. There are several ways to check the status of your passport. We’ll go over each method for how to track passport after dispatch in detail in the next section.
Passport Status Tracking Online
For passport status tracking, follow this simple step-by-step procedure.
- Go to the passport’s official website.
- Choose your type of application.
- Select “Track Status” from the drop-down menu.
- Enter your date of birth and the 15-digit file number in the specified format.
- This will provide you with information on the status of your passport delivery.
- If your passport has already been dispatched, you’ll receive a 13-digit tracking number that you can use for passport dispatch status tracking via the Speed Post Service.
How to track passport after dispatch via mPassport Seva Apps
The mPassport Seva App enables passport dispatch status. How to track passport after dispatch via mPassport Seva Apps? You can track the progress of your passport application by following the steps outlined in the passport tracking section below.
- You must first download the mPassport Seva app to your mobile device.
- Open the app and select “status tracker app”
- In order to check the status of your application, you will need to provide three inputs.
- Choose an application type. –
- Status of the application.
- Right to information.
- Application for diplomatic/official status.
- Surrender certificate
- Then type “file number” into the search box. The file number is a 15-digit alphanumeric series that is printed on your acknowledgement slip at the time of registration.
- You must first enter your date of birth and then select “track status.”
- The information from the resulting application tracker page is provided.
Before further moving on the topic of passport dispatch status tracking via the Speed Post Service. Let’s have a look at how to track passport status offline
Passport Status Tracking Offline
How to track passport after dispatch offline? You may check the progress of your passport application offline using the following methods:
- You can get updates on your passport application by calling 18002581800, which is a toll-free number. The Automated Interactive Voice Response (IVRS) service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can use it during non-working hours as well.
- To track the passport status via sms, send the STATUS FILE NUMBER to 9704100100 from you registered mobile number. Please note that the SMS service is a paid option
- Through the helpdesk, you can track the status of your passport application. To track the status of your passport, send an email to PSK.
Now you know how you can check the status of your passport. To check passport dispatch status tracking via the Speed Post Service, continue reading.
Passport Dispatch Status Tracking
Once you’ve figured out how to check passport status, you’ll need to figure out how to track passport delivery and how to track passport after dispatch. You can easily check your passport dispatch status tracking with the Indian speed post service.
It’s possible that the displayed status will differ from the real-time delivery status. So, it’s a good idea to check the status of your delivery in real-time with your nearest speed post centre.
If the Speed Post Center staff is unable to locate your passport or if it is not collected, it will be returned to the sender’s address. In such cases, seek assistance from your Regional Passport Office.
For passport’s shipment, status tracking of passport dispatch and delivery follow these steps:
how to track passport after dispatch with the Indian Post Service? When using the India Post Service website to track the status of your passport delivery, the 13-digit tracking number comes in handy.
- Visit India Post’s official webpage. Log in to this link
- To track a shipment choose “Track Consignment.”
- In the “Consignment Number” column, enter the 13-digit passport tracking number.
- Then select “Search” from the drop-down menu.
- If you don’t see any delivery tracking information, it implies your passport.
Status Tracking of Passport Dispatch via SMS
For your passport dispatch status tracking, you can send an SMS. You can use India Post’s SMS service to track the status of your passport delivery. It provides a quick way to get information about the delivery of your passport without having to log into their website.
Simply send the text POS TRACK (13-digit tracking number) to one of these numbers. 166 or 51969 are the SMS numbers.
If your 13-digit tracking number is AB12345678901CD, POST TRACK AB12345678901CD and send it to 166 or 51969 .
If you want to get your passport from a regional passport office, you’ll need to fill out an application explaining why you need it so quickly. The RPO officers have the authority to accept or reject your application for pick-up at their offices.
What is the best way to keep track of the progress of my passport application?
Passport Seva via the Passport Seva Portal
Previously, you could inquire about the status of a passport application by going to the PSK (Passport Seva Kendra) where you applied and providing the file number. A new method of passport dispatch status tracking is now available online. It simplifies the application process for the applicant and speeds up the tracking process to ensure that action is taken as soon as possible at the stage where the application is stored.
How many days passport takes after dispatch?
How many days passport takes after dispatch? From the time the status is first displayed, it typically takes one week to ten days. A new status reading “Your passport has been dispatched” will appear in two or three days. When it arrives at your address, it will take two to three days.
Should I personally pick up the passport from the postman or can one of my family members do so on my behalf?
Yes, you should pick your passport by yourself. If you are not present at the time of delivery, someone from your family may pick up your passport. The person accepting the envelope on your behalf must show ID proof, or your passport will be returned to the issuing Regional Passport Office.
What should one do if the passport status is ‘Delivered,’ but the passport has not yet been received?
The Tracking Utility feature is an excellent way to avoid such issues. It is available through India Post’s Speed Post service. You can use this feature to check the status of your passport delivery.
In order to confirm the status of your consignment, you may contact the Speed Post center located closest to you or the respective speed post center.
Contact the Passport Office if the Speed Post authorities cannot locate your passport consignment or have returned it to the sender.
That concludes our discussion on the topic of passport dispatch status tracking. Happy tracking!