Before starting with the procedure and all the necessary details of BMC Birth Certificate. BMC stands for Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation, is the richest and biggest municipal corporation in India which provides many citizen services in digital form. It is also known as the Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai (MCGM) . Along with other services, BMC is also responsible for the Birth/ Death registrations and issue of Birth/Death certificates.
So, if you are a resident of Mumbai and wants to apply online for a Birth certificate, then you can get to know about respective steps in this article .
BMC Birth Certificate
It is necessary to register the births in Mumbai under the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC). You have to register for the Birth Certificate to avail all the benefits and services offered by the Government for its citizens.
BMC birth certificate registration offices, centers and online services for application and obtaining birth certificate in Mumbai are established to avail the service by parents residing at the time of the child’s birth.
Need of BMC Birth Certificate
The birth certificate will be helpful in the future, and its absence will hinder numerous legal actions. It requires at the time of Child’s school admission or enrollment for first time. Therefore, every child needs a birth certificate from the BMC.
In addition, it may require for the college admissions process. It does, however, help to establish the child’s identity and is a beneficiary of numerous government programs. It is also helpful for obtaining driving licence and passport in India
Documents required for BMC Birth Certificate
Before starting with the procedure, the applicant must know all the required documents to apply for a birth certificate in BMC. The list of documents required for Birth Certificate in Mumbai as:
- Identity proof of both the parents for verification
- Marriage certificate of parents
- Official letter from the hospital where the child is born
- Birth certificates of parents or SSC mark sheets.
Procedure to apply for BMC Birth Certificate online
The procedure to apply for BMC Birth Certificate is discussed below in simple steps.
- Visit the official website of MCGM for applying for Birth Certificate.
- Under the “for citizens” option, click on “CFC- Cyber”.
- On the next page, choose “cyber CFC” and select “Health Services”.
- Click on “Birth and Death” option selected from the given Health services menu
- Click on the “Birth Certificate Application”.
- To search Birth Registration details, the applicant can search either by entering the registration number or by providing the birth details.
- Click on “Search” button to get all the details of the birth registration.
- Select the corresponding birth details from the list displayed on the screen and click on “Continue” button.
- Provide all the details of the applicant such as name, mobile number, Email ID and address. Click on the “Preview” button.
- After providing all the correct information, click on “Submit” button.
- It will redirect to a new page with Acknowledgement and application number. Note down the application number for future purposes. Keep a print out of the application form.
- Submit the application form to the BMC. After reviewing and approving the application form, the officers at BMC will issue the birth certificate within 7 working days,
So, these were the steps to fill the application form for BMC birth certificate.
BMC Birth Certificate download
After completing the process of birth certificate, the applicant can also download the BMC birth Certificate easily by visiting the official website of MCGM.
Follow these simple steps to download the BMC Birth Certificate:
- Visit the official website of MCGM. The link is mentioned above.
- Open the Birth Certificate Application form again (the steps are mentioned above).
- Enter your registration number or year.
- If you don’t remember your registration number or year, you can also search by details,
- Click on “Search” button to get all the details of the birth certificate.
- you can download or print the BMC Birth Certificate anytime.
BMC Birth Certificate Registration form
If you don’t want to fill the Registration form online, then you can download the BMC Birth Certificate registration form and fill it offline. After filling it, you can submit it to the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC).
The steps to download the registration form for BMC Birth Certificate are as follows:
- Visit the official website of MCGM.
- Under the “for citizens” option, Hover to “Certificate- Birth” and click on it.
- It will redirect to new page and click on “Download” beside Birth Certificate.
In this way, you can download the BMC Birth Certificate Registration Form.
What is the helpline address for BMC Birth certificate?
Head Quarter of BMC, nr- Chhatrapati Shivaji terminal, Mumbai
What is the time frame to get BMC Birth Certificate?
The BMC issues the birth certificate within 5-7 working days from the date of filling application form.
What is the fee structure for obtaining BMC Birth certificate?
Fess for BMC birth certificate is Rs.25 to Rs.30