Qatar visa on arrival for Indians is available now. Due to a host of visa facilitation measures, Qatar is now the most open country in the Middle East for visitors from around the globe. In this blog, we will discuss topics such as Qatar visit visa for Indian, Business Qatar visa for Indians.
The government of Qatar has decided that nationals of more than 80 countries (including India) are eligible for visa-free entry into the State of Qatar, with varying allowable lengths of stay. Upon presentation of a valid passport with a validity of six months after departure and a confirmed return flight ticket from Qatar, the nationals of the permitted countries can obtain a visa waiver upon arrival to Qatar.
These nationals are not required to do any prior visa arrangements from their home country. India is one of the chosen countries which have visa free access to visit the country. Now, let’s begin with Qatar visit visa for Indian, Business Qatar visa for Indians and then we will discuss regarding Qatar visa on arrival for Indians
Qatar Tourist Visa
If the following terms and conditions are met, nationals of India can obtain an Qatar visa on arrival for Indians and spend up to 30 days in Qatar. This Qatar visit visa for Indian cannot be extended.
Terms and Conditions for the purpose of obtaining a Qatar visa for Indians :
- The national passport of the individual must be valid for at least 6 months from the arrival date in Qatar to get a Qatar visa on arrival for Indians.
- A copy of the confirmed Return flight ticket
- A copy of the confirmed hotel reservation for the passenger in Qatar.
- During their stay in Qatar and at immigration checkpoints, the applicant must have a valid credit or debit card. Please note that a valid credit or debit card in the name of the traveller is required. If he or she is travelling with family, the family head should carry a card with his or her name on it.
- The duration of this Qatar visa on arrival for Indians cannot be extended beyond 30 days.
Business Qatar visa for Indians
Only companies and institutions in the country of Qatar can issue this type of visa. This Business Qatar visa for Indians is valid for 30 days and can be extended for another 60 days with the stipulated fees.
Terms and Conditions for the purpose of obtaining a Qatar visa for Business Purpose:
- The General Directorate of Passports, Qatar, must accredit the applicant’s company or institution in India.
- The application should submit all the required documents electronically through MOI (Ministry of Interior) services.
- The fee for each month’s extension of the Qatar visa for Indians beyond the first 30 days is QR 200.
Qatar visa cost
Qatar visa for Indians – You are eligible for visa-free entry to Qatar as an Indian citizen under Qatar’s visa waiver programme. This means you won’t have to make any visa arrangements ahead of time and will be granted a Qatar visa on arrival (a granted length of stay in the country without a visa).
Qatar visit visa for Indian for visit purposes is free of charge. However, the extension of the business visa will cost you an extra fee.
Documents required for Qatar Visa
The following are the documents required to get Qatar visit visa for Indian as well as Business Qatar visa for Indians :
- The applicant’s valid passport must be compulsorily attached while submitting the visa application. The passport’s validity period must be valid for six months after the applicant’s intended visit period in Qatar. Please note that the passport must also have blank pages at the end to print the new visa.
- If the applicant is applying for a business visa, they must include a letter from their company with their application. This letter should include the applicant’s employment information, such as date of hire, position held, and reason for travel, among other things.
- In the event that the applicant is applying for a tourist visa, they should provide an invitation letter in order to explain the reason behind their visit to Qatar. If the applicant plans to stay with a relative in Qatar, their official invitation must be submitted.
- Applicants need to submit their flight reservation of return or round ticket as proof. Proof of flight reservation between the different countries, train itinerary or car rental receipt is required, if the applicant wishes to travel by means of various modes of transport into Qatar. Applicants must note that the tickets do not have to be paid for; only the booking receipt needs to be submitted.
- As proof of accommodation, the applicant’s hotel reservations, receipt of renting a holiday home or campus residence reservation in Qatar are required. If the applicant intends to stay with a family member or a friend in Qatar, proof of sponsorship and private accommodation, and the address from the host is required.
- Applicants must possess a valid debit or credit card to get Qatar visit visa for Indian. And must present this at Immigration checkpoints as proof. However, applicants are not required to produce evidence of adequate funding while their stay in Qatar.
Frequently Asked Questions for Qatar visa
Q 1: Are there any age restrictions (that is, for the purpose of children or for the elderly) for visa-free entry into Qatar among the 80 eligible countries?
No. There are no age restrictions for the purpose of visa-free entry, through the visa(Qatar visa on arrival for Indians) waiver upon arrival for all the eligible 80 nationalities (including Qatar visit visa for Indian).
Q 2: Can I stay for more than 90 consecutive days during the 180 day validity period in Qatar, if I have a visa waiver that is valid for 180 days and allows the holder to spend up to 90 days in the country?
Please note that you may not spend more than a total of 90 days in Qatar during the 180 day validity period with Qatar visit visa for Indians. If you have a visa waiver that is valid for 180 days from the date it was issued. For example, you are allowed to stay in Qatar for 50 days, then leave and return for another 40 days within a 180-day period. You will have stayed in Qatar for the maximum number of days (90) permitted under this visa waiver.
Q 3: If I would like to remain in Qatar longer than the maximum allowable stay of my visa waiver, can i extend my visa waiver?
Indian nationals, who are eligible for the purpose of visa-free entry into Qatar for up to 60 days, for single or multiple trips, will be able to extend their visa waiver for an additional 30 days. The original waiver validity period will be extended by 60 days, allowing the visa waiver holder to stay in the country for an additional 60 days (eligible for both single and multiple trips within the validity period of the visa). The Immigration Authorities are unable to provide additional extensions once your visa has been extended once.
However, please note that this extension is valid only for Business Qatar visa for Indians holders or applicants. Applicants holding a Qatar visit visa for Indian or Tourist Visa will not be able to extend their visa waiver after the initial 30 days are over.
Q 4: Where do I go in order to obtain a visa waiver extension if I am eligible to get one? What are the documents required for this process? What are the fees that will be charged?
At the Hamad International Airport (HIA) in Qatar, Indian visitors who are in possession of a 30-day visa waiver can request a 30-day visit extension from the Ministry of Interior (MoI) Immigration Office. This office is located behind check-in row 8 in the main departures hall, or they can also extend the visa at any MoI Service Centres located throughout the country:
For the extension, Immigration staff will require your original passport, copies of your confirmed onward tickets, and payment of QAR 100 (approximately $27 USD) but you will not need to present yourself in person in order to obtain a 30-day visit extension.
Please note that cash is not accepted at MoI Service Centres and you will have to make the payment using only a valid credit or debit card.
A more recent procedure allows the applicant to also apply for an extension online at the website link . There, you must enter your visa number or passport number, and your nationality. After clicking on the verification code, you will be presented with the option of extending your visa or Qatar visit visa for Indian.
Q 5: What will happen in the event that i stay in Qatar for longer than the allowable stay permitted by means of the visa waiver?
You will be charged 200 QAR (approximately $54 USD) per day, for each day overstayed in the country, in the event that you remain in Qatar longer than the allowed period of stay as given by means of the waiver or an obtained extension on your Qatar visit visa for Indian.
Q 6: Is it possible to obtain a tourist visa, business visa or other types of visa by changing the visa waiver with which I have entered Qatar? Furthermore, is it possible to change my tourist visa, business visa, or other types of visa with which I have entered Qatar into a visa waiver?
No. Qatar immigration laws state that it is not permitted to transfer one visa type into a Qatar visit visa for Indian or a visa-free entry waiver. If you want to change your visa type, you must leave Qatar and re-enter the country by applying for a new visa type or a visa waiver.
Q 7: Is it possible to enter Qatar using the visa waiver and then transfer to a work visa once I enter the country if I intend to work in Qatar?
No, Visa waivers cannot be transferred into another type of visa and Qatar visa on arrival for Indians or Qatar visit visa for Indian are intended for short-term visitors only.
Q 8: If I am an OCI (overseas citizen of India) but i hold a Sri Lankan passport, am i eligible to obtain Qatar’s visa waiver upon arrival?
No. Only Indian nationals holding a valid Indian passport which is valid for a period of 6 months from the date of departure from Qatar are eligible for the visa waiver upon arrival. If you are an OCI person who is not a national of any other eligible country for the visa waiver on arrival(Qatar visa on arrival for indians), you can apply for a Qatar Tourist Visa through the online Qatar Visa Service. Note that submission of your OCI card as part of your application may be beneficial to the visa process.
Q 9: Am I eligible for a visa waiver to Qatar if I am a resident of one of the 80 eligible countries but hold a different passport or travel document of any other country?
No. Only citizens having passports of the 80 eligible countries are eligible for the visa waiver to Qatar or Qatar visit visa for Indian. Please note that you are eligible for Qatar’s Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) programme if you have a valid residence permit (or green card) from the United Kingdom, the United States of America, Canada, any of the Schengen countries, New Zealand, Australia, or the Gulf Cooperation Council countries.
Q 10: Do I have to enter Qatar as a Qatar airways passenger to be eligible for visa-free entry through the new visa waiver programme?
Answer: No. Qatar government has clarified that passengers on any airline and visitors travelling into Qatar through any port of entry, who are nationals of the 80 eligible countries, are eligible for the visa waiver. (Qatar visa for Indians)
However, the only visa type offered exclusively to Qatar Airways passengers is the free, pre-arranged Qatar Transit Visa open to citizens of all nationalities who have a stopover on Qatar Airways from between 5 and 96 hours in the country.
Q 11: What if i am eligible for the visa waiver but am only transiting through Qatar, with a stopover of between 5 and 96 hours (4 days)?
Answer: In the event that you are a Qatar Airways passenger transiting in Qatar for a period of time between 5 and 96 hours. It is advisable that you apply for the Qatar Transit Visa through the official website of Qatar Airways ahead of your visit. The Transit Visa/ Qatar visit visa for Indian is open to all nationalities and is free of charge. It is valid for up to 96 hours (4 days)—and you will receive it electronically prior to your trip to Qatar.
However, in case you have not arranged for a Transit Visa ahead of your visit to Qatar, you may still try to enter the country on a visa waiver. Please note that entry will be at the discretion of the immigration officer, and it also depends on the length of transit time indicated by means of your onward ticket. In general, for obtaining a visa waiver(Qatar visa on arrival for Indians), at least a one night’s stay is expected in Qatar.
Q 12: Do I need to use a special line or section at Hamad International Airport (HIA) immigration to obtain my visa waiver upon arrival?
Answer: At the present time, there is not a separate line or section for visa-free entry authorization into Qatar. You may stand in any queue for non-GCC citizens and meet with an Immigration Officer to get a Qatar visa for Indians.(Qatar visa on arrival for Indians).