Aadhar card Date of Birth change
Changing or updating the Date of Birth on one’s Aadhar card can be done only once in a lifetime, provided that the DOB’s current status is declared or approximate. You can change your DOB a second time by following the exception case process. You can visit the Aadhar Seva Kendra if you want to change your date of birth. Aadhar card updates are also done on UIDAI’s website.
Documents required for DOB change in Aadhar card
The documents required for date of birth change request in aadhar card are: -
- Original aadhar card
- Xeroxcopy and Original Proof of Birth Registration like birth certificate if you visit Aadhar Seva Kendra.
- One Proof of Identity
- One Proof of residence
- Please refer to https://uidai.gov.in/ for valid documents list accepted by Aadar Seva Kendra as proof.
Application procedure for DOB change in Aadhar card
You can apply for a change in DOB on your aadhar card by following the steps below: -
- Change DOB at Aadhar Seva Kendra
- Book an appointment at your nearest Aadhar Seva Kendra.
- Download the aadhar Correction form from UIDAI’s website and fill up the necessary details. Remember to tick off the box for the DOB update.
- Visit the Aaadhar Seva Kendra with the relevant documents aforementioned on this page on the day of the appointment.
- Submit all the documents and let the officer stamp, sign and verify them.
- The Enrolment officer will also take your biometrics scan for identity verification. He enters your data on the website for the update request.
- The officer gives you an acknowledgement slip after the procedure is over. You need to pay Rs. 50/- and a fee receipt will be given to you.
- A new aadhar card will be delivered to your home address within 90 days.
Date of Birth requests may be rejected the first time they are submitted. Call 1947 and take action accordingly for corrections.
Changing DOB via the UIDAI website
- Visit Login Page (uidai.gov.in)
- Log in using your aadhar card number and the Captcha code. Click on “Send OTP” and enter the OTP you received on your aadhar registered mobile number. If there is an error message in red at the top of the page after you log in, just log in after a few mins.
- Click on “Online Update Services”.
- Click on “Update Aadhar Online”
- Read the instructions carefully before you “Proceed to update aadhar”.
- Click on the “Date of Birth” tab and again click “Proceed to update aadhar”.
- Select the type of Valid Supporting Document you want to upload. Select from where you want to upload: Manual or Digilocker. Manually upload the scanned pdf copy of POI/POA by yourself or your Digilocker account. Click on “Next”.
- Fill up the required details and click on “Next”.
- Preview the details and click on “Next”. If you need to make changes in the previous section, do so by clicking on “Previous”.
- Pay Rs. 50/-. You can pay by Credit/Debit Cards/UPI/Net banking. You can download the invoice after your payment is successful.
- You will receive your acknowledgement slip. Download it.
- After the procedure is complete, click on your picture on the login page. Then click “Logout”.
- The acknowledgement slip will have an SRN number. SRN number is used to track your update request at (uidai.gov.in).
- The aadhar card with the revisions in your Date of Birth after the DOB update will be delivered to your home within 90 days by ordinary post.
Changing DOB via the mAadhar app
You can change your Aadhar date of birth by downloading the mAadhar app from the Google Play Store or the Apple Store. Login the app and go for aadhar DOB change request
Exception process: Changing DOB for the second time
- Visit your nearest Aadhar Seva Kendra with the relevant documents and apply for the DOB update again as mentioned above.
- If the request is rejected, call 1947 or mail at email@example.com for an “Exception update” by mentioning your latest URN and contact information.
What to do if the DOB change request is rejected?
Your Date of Birth can be changed only once in your lifetime. Your date of birth request can be rejected for the following reasons: -
- ‘Date of Birth gap more than allowed limit’
- ‘Date of Birth already verified’
- If your DOB update request is rejected then you may go for one of the following actions: -
- If you have submitted a DOB change request before the 14th of October 2019, then call 1947 to know the reason for the rejection of your request and take action accordingly.
- If you have submitted a DOB change request after the 14th of October 2019, call 1947 or mail at firstname.lastname@example.org for an Exception update.