Aadhar Card Enrolment
Aadhar enrolment is applying for an Aadhar card for the first time. The steps for Aadhar enrolment are as follows: -
- Locate your nearest Aadahr Seva Kendra at Only Banks/Post Office Enrolment Centres Search (uidai.gov.in). Aadhar cards are mainly verified and processed at banks and post offices in a particular area.
- Book an appointment at your nearest Aadhar Seva Kendra at Book Appointment (Beta) (uidai.gov.in). If you can’t find your city in the UIDAI run Aadhar Seva Kendra drop-down list, click on “Book an appointment at Registrar run Aadhar Seva Kendra”. Enter your details on the next page and click on “Send OTP”. Follow the next instructions to book an appointment.
- Go to the aadhar seva Kendra on the day of the appointment with the relevant documents.
- Fill up the aadhar enrolment form; submit the documents; verify your documents; submit your biometrics; pay the requisite fees.
- Collect the acknowledgement slip and the fee receipt. You can track the status of your aadhar card delivery with the enrolment number given in the slip.
- The aadhar card will be delivered within 3 months by ordinary post at your house.
- Track the status of your aadhar card at myAadhaar - Unique Identification Authority of India | Government of India (uidai.gov.in)
- Please update your biometrics if you applied for an aadhar card before the age of 15 years.
Documents required for Aadhar card enrolment
The only documents required for aadhar card enrolment are: -
- Proof of Identity like voter ID card, ration card, driving licence, passport, PAN, and so on
- Proof of address like water, electricity or landline bills for the last 3 months.
- Please view the list of supporting documents for the above categories at View the list of supporting documents.
In case you don’t have any of the documents, you can ask the Head of the family who must have a valid proof of address and identity at the time of enrolment. The UIDAI also accepts attested documents issued by the Tehsildar/ Gazetted Officer as proof of Identity and address. The Registrar can appoint an introducer if none of the above situations is applicable for the individual. An introducer is someone appointed by Registrar who has a valid aadhar number. The individual enrolment is done on the leverage of the introducer’s service.