Change Mobile number in Aadhar card
How do I change the mobile number on my Aadhar card?
Changing a mobile number in an Aadhar card is a kind of demographic information update. You need to visit your nearest Aadhar Seva Kendra/Enrolment Center to change your mobile number in your Aadhar card. You can change your mobile number as many times as you desire, but you need to pay a nominal fee every time you do it. You can’t update your mobile number in SSUP (Self Service Update Portal).
Possible reasons for changing the mobile number in the Aadhar card.
There can be various reasons why one might need to change/update his Aadhar-registered mobile number.
- SIM loss/damaged.
- Mobile SIM is deactivated
- You longer have or use the number
- Mobile phone is stolen/damaged
- Procurement of new number due to marriage or change of residence.
- Death of a relative
Documents required for changing mobile number in Aadhar card are: -
- Your original aadhar card
- Any one of the Proof of Identity and Proof of address mentioned in the list on- UIDAI
All copies of the documents should be valid and self-attested. Otherwise, the correction/revision of the mobile number is not possible. If the details in the documents do not match the details mentioned in the Aadhar correction form, you can’t carry out an update request.
Application Procedure to change mobile number in Aadhar card
- Download the Aadhar correction form from UIDAI’s website.
- Fill up the necessary details for changing your mobile number. Mention your old and new mobile numbers.
- Visit the Enrolment Centre/Aadhar Seva Kendra. Submit the form and the relevant documents to the executive there.
- The executive will verify your documents and put a stamp on it.
- He will update the mobile number in UIDAI’s client software.
- Another operator and supervisor will confirm after the data entry procedure is complete. Pay Rs. 50/- only.
- You will receive an acknowledgement slip and payment receipt.
- Your mobile number will be changed within 90 days.
- The aadhar card update notification will be sent to your aadhar registered mobile number/Email ID.
Benefits of changing mobile number in Aadhar card
There are several benefits of updating your aadhar card with your current mobile number. If you don’t keep your mobile number up to date in your aadhar records, the following scenarios may arise:-
- Aadhar authentication will fail
- You won’t receive any SMS regarding aadhar authentication or transaction
- Mutual fund linking with aadhar isn’t possible
- Linking pan card and ration card is not possible.
- EPF claims and withdrawals
- Downloading any document from Digilocker is not possible since a Digilocker account is aadhar verified.
- You can’t make any new ration card, aadhar card, PAN card and so on.
- You can’t use mAadhar and Umang apps.
- You can re-verify your mobile number.
- You may not receive information or stay up to date with information on government subsidies, benefits, and so on.
Tracking the status of mobile number change with Aadhar card
You can track your mobile number change request by using the enrollment number or update request number on the acknowledgement slip. If you update your mobile number with SSUP, a SRN (Serial Update Number) will be generated. You can track the status of mobile number change with SRN also.
You can track whether your mobile number change request at UIDAI’s website by following the steps given below:-
- Visit (uidai.gov.in)
- Enter the Update Request Number/ Enrolment Number from the acknowledgement slip. Enter the Captcha code.
- Click on “Submit”.
- Your mobile number change status will be shown on the screen.
- You can also verify if your mobile number is registered with aadhar after updating it at Verify Email/Mobile Number. Just enter your mobile number and Captcha code. Click on “Submit”.
- You can also check it at Verify an Aadhaar Number. You can check whether your number is updated on your aadhar card. Enter your Aadhar number and Captcha code. Click on “Proceed and Verify”. You aadhar details as well as your mobile number will be displayed on the screen