NSDL PAN Card Apply
NSDL e-Gov Infrastructure Limited is now called Protean e-Gov Technologies Limited. Therefore, www.tin-nsdl.com is now www.protean-tinpan.com. The website URL has changed but all types of PAN services are available on the new website as well. Their office is located in Mumbai.
How to apply for a PAN on NSDL website?
- Visit NSDL Website and Apply for PAN allotment online.
- Choose “New PAN – Indian Citizens (Form 49A)”as the Application Type. Choose your Category from the drop-down list and select it.
- Fill up all the necessary fields and accept the terms and conditions. Enter the Captcha before you “Submit”.
- On the next page, click on the “Continue with PAN application form” option.
- Click the checkboxes about whether you want a physical PAN and how you want to submit your documents. It is advisable to “Submit scanned copies through e-sign”.
- Enter the last 4 digits of your Aadhar number and other necessary details as well before you click on “Next”.
- Enter details in all necessary fields under “Personal Details” and “Contact and other details” before you click on “Next”.
- Enter your Assessing officer details under the “AO code” section before you click on “Next”. You will find all details on the same page itself. Click on “Save draft” every time after you have entered information to avoid losing your already-entered data.
- Select the type of document you want to submit as POI, POA and Proof of Birth. You can choose the same document for all. Accept the declaration. Upload the signature and the photo. Click on “Add documents” to upload scanned copies of POI, POA and Proof of Birth before you “Submit”.
- Preview the information you entered and click on “Proceed”
- You will be redirected to the Payment Portal. You can choose to pay by Demand Draft/Online Payment.
- Accept the terms of service before you go on to pay. Click on “Pay Confirm” to finally pay the fees.
- Click on “Continue” and then “Authenticate” for Aadhar Authentication after the payment is successful.
- Choose “OTP Authentication” and enter the OTP on the next page before you “Submit”. Then, proceed with “Continue with e-sign”.
- Accept the conditions and enter your VID/Aadhar before you click on “Send OTP”.
- Click on “Verify OTP” after you enter the OTP.
- Download the acknowledgement file with payment details in pdf. The password is mentioned in red at the top of the screen. A mail containing the acknowledgement file with payment details will be mailed to you also.
- You can track your PAN card delivery by the acknowledgement number while you wait for the physical PAN Card to be delivered.
- If you choose to pay via Demand Draft, please prepare a DD beforehand. You need to enter the DD number, date and other details in the Payment Portal.
- You can choose to pay online via Bill Desk or other online Payment options like Debit/Credit Cards, UPI, Net Banking and Wallets.
- You don’t need to submit documents if you go for paperless e-sign and e-signature. You just need to submit and verify your Aadhar number for authentication.
- You can contact the Protean Helpline number or mail them for any complaints/queries regarding your PAN application. Their mobile number is (020) 272 18080 and their Email ID is firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also write your queries/complaints on the Protean TIN Customer care form).