Benefits of Marriage Registration
Marriage registration certificate is a legal document that serves as evidence of marriage. Registration brings in a number of benefits, which include:
- Legally valid proof of marriage.
- Provides social security and acceptance.
- If you are applying for a passport or opening a bank account after the wedding, then Marriage Certificate is required.
- Helpful in obtaining visas for both husband and wife.
- As the foreign embassies in India as well as in countries outside India, do not recognize traditional marriages, the Marriage Certificate is mandatory for the couple to travel abroad using a spouse visa.
- Enables a spouse in claiming life insurance return or bank deposits in case of demise of the Insurer or depositor without any nominee.
- Easy legal proceedings in case of succession of property to the spouse.
- After dissolution of first marriage, a person is able to enter the matrimonial alliance for the second time.
- For the transfer of property or the custody of kids in case of legal separation, the court requires a certificate of marriage to be produced in the family court.
- In case one of the spouses is working abroad and wants to take along his/her partner then he/she will require the marriage certificate to obtain the work permit from the country's consulate. The foreign embassies do not issue the work permit in the absence of a valid marriage certificate in these cases.