Eligibility for Marriage Certificate
Following are the eligibility criteria for obtaining marriage registration certificate:
- Groom must be 21 years old and the bride must be 18 years old.
- Bridegroom or bride must not have a wife or husband.
- Bride and groom must be able to voluntarily give consent for marriage.
- Bridegroom or bride who cannot voluntarily give consent for marriages owing to mental illness is not eligible for marriage.
- Bridegroom or brides who are capable of giving consent but incapable of getting child owing to unsound mind cannot be given marriage registration certificate.
- Those suffering from insanity are ineligible.
- Bride and groom must not be within degree of prohibited relationship.