Documents Required for Marriage Certificate
Following are the documents required for Marriage Registration -
- Documentary evidence of date of birth of parties (Matriculation Certificate/Passport/Birth Certificate).
- Address Proof of husband or wife whose area SDM has been approached for the marriage certificate (Voterid/Passport/ Aadhaar card/ Driving License).
- Two passport size photographs of both the parties.
- A marriage photograph.
- Marriage invitation card.
- 6 joint photograph of husband & wife (3*2 or 2b size).
- If marriage was solemnized in a religious place, a certificate from the priest is required who solemnized the marriage.
- Attested copy of divorce decree/order in case of a divorcee and death certificate of spouse in case of widow/widower.
- 3 witness having ID card, photograph and proof of residence.
On the day of solemnization, three witnesses are required plus basic identification documents, which include proof of age and address of both parties, an affidavit with regard to these as well as marital status, a fit mental condition, no relationship between the parties within the degree of prohibition, passport size photographs, and three witnesses to finally solemnize the marriage. After that, the couple may apply to have their marriage registered and get an official marriage certificate from the registrar.